Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 21st, 2015 21:00

R710 error while booting: pcie training error integrated RAID

I have an r710 and just now booted it for the first time.

First thing it does is check the ram then it looks for the iDRAC card (which I don't have) and then after that is when it displays the error:

pcie training error integrated raid

System halted.

The pcie card I have in the raid PCIe slot is the PERC H710 raid card.

The green LED on the card blinks/flickers so I am hoping that's normal for it to do that.

The BIOS version on the R710 is 6.0.7.

I am able to log into the BIOS ONLY IF i wait until it promts me at the end up it loading everything in bios. However, if I press F2 while its loading everything still in bios i get into the bios menu (but only if i do not have the H710 pcie card connected).

I am not able to find the option to update the BIOS via lifecycle controller.

Please see my screen captures and make sure i am doing all of this correctly.

An overall view of the PCIe card:

The error i get when having the PCIe card connected:

The error i get when pressing F2 while bios loads (without PCIe card connected):

The option i get when NOT pressing F2 while the BIOS loads up (without PCIe card connected):

• 

8.8K Posts

July 22nd, 2015 06:00

Stealthrtt,

The Poweredge R710 is one of our 11th generation servers, where as the H710 is one of our 12th Generation controllers. So the problem is that the controller you have installed isn't compatible with that server. With the R710 you would need the H700 controller (512m cache = part # 1THG8, 1GB cache = part # G5V20) to use in that model server.

Now in regards to the error, it looks like the combination of hardware (memory+CPU's+ other devices) is exceeding the ability of the power supply. Try taking the server down to the minimum memory and see if that error clears, as well as if the iDrac is accessible. If so then you may want to consider upgrading from the 570W power supply up to the 870W (part # 3257W), to help alleviate the issue, or you would need to lower the amount of memory till the error isn't reported.

Let me know if this helps.

18 Posts

August 4th, 2015 07:00

It worked using the H700 but find it odd that it doesn't work with the H710p? I thought a firmware update allowed any card to be used instead of the defaults that it shipped with officially?

I have 6 HD's that are 6TB each in size and would like to use the H710p as it states that it does support those large sized hard drives while the H700 does not seem to say anything about the support.

Is there anyway to use the H710p in the R710??

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 07:00

It worked using the H700 but find it odd that it doesn't work with the H710p? I thought a firmware update allowed any card to be used instead of the defaults that it shipped with officially?

Not necessarily, and ONLY if the release notes indicate such support is added. The H710 is not an upgrade option/model to the H700 - it is the model of controller supported in 12G servers, and the H700 is for 11G servers. It may work in an R710, but it was not intended to.

1 Message

July 31st, 2016 23:00

Hi This Thiyagu.

We are using H700 Card but still we are facing the same issue.  In our case we will shut down the server once in a week. After restarting we will receive that error PCIE Training error: Integrated Raid. Another 1 hrs it will start normally. Its happen only we shut down and boot again. Please give solution.

Thanks in Advance. 

1 Message

February 19th, 2017 18:00

Good day CHRIS H,

I am also experiencing the error PCIe Training Error: Integrated RAID same as Stealhrtt. But in my case the iDrac is not an issue.

Scenario:

1. The original motherboard (server motherboard for PowerEdge R710) of our HMU is working good and I was able to do the complete test for the motherboard.
  2. After I replace with the new motherboard (MB1), 1 unit shows No Power/No Display symptom.
  3. Another motherboard (MB2) I used boot up and I found the error - PCIe Training Error: Integrated RAID System Halted!
  4. When I returned back the original motherboard, which was known working good, I am still encountering the same error -  - PCIe Training Error: Integrated RAID System Halted!

Things Done:

1. Removed all network card available except the 2 riser cards. – error still happens.
  2. Checked the each RAM’s, total of 6 RAM’s, and test one by one. – error still happens.
  3. Test each CPU’s, total of 2 CPU’s, and test one by one on CPU 1 socket. – error still happens.

Can you give advise what is/are the possible peripherals that got damaged with this error.

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards,

Kevin

August 25th, 2022 21:00

Hello All,

I had the same error, PCIe Training Error: Integrated RAID System Halted

Dell R710 bios 6.6.0 original controller card perc 6/i swapped out with the H700

I removed the card from the riser slow to the one above it toward the back of the case and presto!

If you're replacing your riser card, just try and unused pcie slot.

August 26th, 2022 23:00

sorry guys nevermind that didn't work, it would allow me to boot, but that doesn't appear to be a slot for data

No Events found!