Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 13th, 2018 09:00

RE: Problem with updating firmwares on Dell T110

I found your post about updating the Dell poweredge T110 II. I am also trying to upgrade my firmware, drivers and BIOS.

I have a Dell Poweredge T110 II on a test network that I am using for my certifications. I do have server 2012r2 running on the T110 II server from a clean installation. I have tried to update the firmware and drivers on the T110 II, but I have not been able to install the files. The BIOS update does not work at all. The firmware and driver update always fails with a message saying:

This software is not compatible with this hardware configuration

Then I tried using openmanage server update utility, 18.04.00.246. When the utility first opens, I get this message:

The server update utility you are running is more than 120 days old, check for a newer version

Then after it loads, I get another message saying:

This is an unsupported system and no software updates will be applicable to this system.

Does this mean I will not be able to update the BIOS and drivers because the server has a baseboard management controller? Is there any other method I can try? Is it possible for me to configure this server for testing with the drivers it has now? Thank you for your help.

>>Post split from original. Original post reply to:
https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/Problem-with-updating-firmwares-on-Dell-T110/m-p/5106158

12 Posts

July 16th, 2018 08:00

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I am running the updates and drivers from the 2012r2 OS. I do not have any VM's configured. It's a clean installation, The OS seems to be running okay. I will start the configuration today and I'll see what happens. System information says it's a Poweredge T 110 II. I'm assuming I can just run the server with the drivers that are installed now. It's a test server for my certification test network. 

Thank you.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 13th, 2018 11:00

Hello

One of the first steps performed by our update packages is to check to see what system you have. It then checks to see if your system is in the compatible system list of the package. All of the issues you are encountering are because the update packages do not think you are running a supported system.

Make sure you are running the update from the host OS. You cannot perform hardware updates from any type of virtual box or virtual machine. Inside the SUU there should be an executable that is called something like getsystemID or getsysteminformation or something like that. Run that command from a command line and see what values it returns.

Are you sure this is a T110 II? If someone owned the server before you then they may have customized it. It could be a white box that used a T110 II for a chassis. Boot into the BIOS and see what information you can find on the running BIOS.

Thanks

No Events found!