Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2016 20:00

Repository Manager Confusion for BIOS and Firmware?

Just downloaded the Dell Data Center Repository Manager, and have a few questions from using it the first time.  I have two types of PowerEdge rack servers that I want to update BIOS and Firmware prior to installing the Windows Server operating system.

1. Should I put both types of servers I have in a single Repository or is it a good practice to make a repository for each type of hardware?

2. What is the DUP Format? Asks me for Windows 32, 64, Linux or other OS?  I plan to implement Windows Server 64bit once updated, but initially want to create a boot disk to update BIOS and Firmware.  Which DUP Format should I select?

3. What is the additional optional bundles to include?  I noticed for the PowerEdge R300 the individual files do not include a BIOS file update?  Why is this, is it in the optional bundle?  Should I always include the optional bundles?

Thanks for any help.

• 

6.2K Posts

December 31st, 2016 14:00

Hello

2. What is the DUP Format? Asks me for Windows 32, 64, Linux or other OS?  I plan to implement Windows Server 64bit once updated, but initially want to create a boot disk to update BIOS and Firmware.  Which DUP Format should I select?

The only bootable version is Linux, and it will only perform firmware updates. If you want to update drivers within a Windows OS then you will need to create another repository for Windows. You can find more information on the wiki.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1767.dell-openmanage-repository-manager

Thanks

47 Posts

January 9th, 2017 15:00

Using Dell Repository Manager, creating a Linux Book disk to update any BIOS or Firmware on a Server.  What is the difference from a System Bundle that you can select as a component, or a long list of individual components?   Also if you go in and select individual components the "Create Deployment Tools" is always greyed out.  Only thing that works is selecting a System Bundle and then selecting Create Deployment Tool.  What am I missing here?  Thanks for your help.

No Events found!