Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2011 23:00

Service tag - any ideas?

hello,

I'm new on this forum, so please excuse me if I post into a wrong section.

Recently I've inherited a M1000e chassis with a FC IO module. This module does not have any IDs except service tag

Service tag removed per privacy policy >

I searched by this tag on the Dell site and Google, but alas. Maybe someone here has access to internal Dell database to identify the module?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Boris

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 8th, 2011 06:00

The actual network IO module wouldn’t have a service tag, but it would have the model number and other details on the label. There are seven FC modules specifically.  Three had links off the blade training manual page, four didn’t.  Should there be any further details you

PT-1016 - premiersupport.dell.com/.../PT1016.pdf

M5424 - premiersupport.dell.com/.../BrocadeM5424HRM.pdf

4424 - premiersupport.dell.com/.../Brocade4424HRM.pdf

PC8PT

M8428K

QME8142

Here is the manual for the blades

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Should issues persist and cant isolate the specific module, you can try going here:

support.dell.com/.../details

Then original system configuration.  If issues still continue, please follow and DM me service tag and I can look up to ensure you have the details you are seeking.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

June 8th, 2011 07:00

boriskudr, if you mean that on the back of your M1000e you have a fiber channel switch or passthrough module, if it's a switch, it should have a service tag (but like the admins showed; you cannot post this on this forum).

Can you provide details about your module in the sense of any model number or port count on the switch? You could also take a picture (mask out the service tag or other personally identifying labels) and post it here.

No Events found!