Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2023 14:00

T150 RAM issues

I have a T150 that came with 16GB RAM, I purchased 128GB 4x32GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 2Rx8 ECC Unbuffered Server Memory from Amazon and I'm able to add two sticks in slots A1&A3 and it's boots up fine and shows 64GB RAM, but when I add the other two sticks to slots A2&A4 the server won't boot, it gets stuck on "Loading BIOS Drivers".  Now I can leave the two sticks in slots A1&A3, then add the original 16GB stick to slot A2 and it works (totaling 80GB RAM).  I tried resetting the BIOS using the jumper but still can't get it to boot when I have 4x32 populated.

• 

3.6K Posts

January 15th, 2023 20:00

Need to check if it's a dual rank ram.

https://dell.to/3XfCeBo

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

January 15th, 2023 18:00

Is 32GB Memory modules are from Dell? Can you share the part number of the same?

2 Posts

June 8th, 2023 19:00

Automated community accepted solution.  Dell needs to take memory and fill all slots to test server PRIOR to shipping out.   We have had the same issue with 16gb memory sticks in all 4 slots.   This is a critical failure in quality, but they let this slide and ship out bad servers.

2 Posts

June 8th, 2023 19:00

I have had a similar experience with 16gb memory sticks in the T150.  Dell tech support cannot figure it out, so we returned the server, replacement came in.   2nd server shows up and still it cannot take all 4 memory sticks.  Any of the two will work in the A1&A3 but try to populate the A2&A4 the bios locks up POST errors.   Dell has to figure this out to make these servers, they can't keep on putting servers out there that cannot do what they are supposed to.

• 

3.1K Posts

June 9th, 2023 01:00

Hi @VictorAg,

Apologies that you're facing a bad experience on the server and technical support is unable to resolve the issue even on the second server. Since the server is under warranty, I would suggest raising a request for the 2nd levels have a look why is the server having the same issue. 

About the community accepted solution, it is not automated. Only the topic owner who posted this title is the only one able to mark any replies as community accepted solution. 

If you're looking for community help, we can try to help you. 

2 Posts

December 15th, 2023 04:12

I have the same issue, have to at least one dell ram to make other rams work. It seems the bios can't pass if there is no dell ram. very disappointed 

2 Posts

December 15th, 2023 04:14

BTW,​ all the rams I used are dual rank rams

1 Message

January 24th, 2024 20:22

This is outrageous, there is no RAM module that the sistem its able to populate, we tryed two famous brands, and none its recognized, with the dual rank, and same ECC specs and timings, Its clearly the bad practices of DELL forcing users to buy the parts from them, WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN OR RECOMEND THIS BRAND.

REPEAT DONT BUY THE DELL T150

1 Message

March 21st, 2024 22:46

Same issue here, from what I gathered after experimenting with the system is that Memory Slot DIMM A2 will not accept ANY dual ranked RAM (Kingston, Hynix, Corsair, etc..) whatsoever. I tried 3 different brands of memory.  Additionally, the same 32GB Dual Ranked Memory Module in any configuration with the other 3 slots will register and works with no issues. Initially thought it was a physical hardware issue, and then ordered a replacement server whilst returning the first; the replacement server came with exact same issues. Tech support can't figure it out.

And yes, the ram is DUAL ranked, image from the iDRAC shared below. Something tells me there's something proprietary regarding that particular slot and will probably only accept a DELL memory module with a proprietary pin-out. My opinion is that Dell seriously needs to provide a firmware fix (assuming they did not hardwire the memory PCB on the motherboard a certain way); or give some sort of a replacement memory chip that is not ridiculously priced. 

For the time being, I ended up using the original Dell Single-Ranked memory in DIMM A2, whilst maxing out the other slots with the 32GB dual ranked memory. 

(edited)

No Events found!