Highlighted

The System Update Utility failed ln: creating symbolic link `libcrypto.so.4': File exists

Welcome to the Dell OpenManageServer Update Utility.
Copyright (c) 2003 Dell Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SUU Version: 16 .10 .00 .79

System is compliant with prerequisites
Checking if update allowed
The System Update Utility failed.
ln: creating symbolic link `libcrypto.so.4': File exists

Hi Everyone we are running into this issue on a redhat server 6.7 on a R730. I've looked everywhere on the internets before coming to this forum. Has anyone else see this error and if so how did you correct the situation to get the SUU to run.

1. We mounted with no problem and it run but we get the error. The System Update Utility failed.
ln: creating symbolic link `libcrypto.so.4': File exists

Thank you for your help looking at this.

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: The System Update Utility failed ln: creating symbolic link `libcrypto.so.4': File exists

Hello

I'm not aware of a Linux version of the SUU. The SUU can only be used as a repository for another application unless it is on a Windows system. The SUU will run inside supported Windows operating systems. If the version you downloaded has RHEL listed in the supported operating systems section then please link the download page.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

0 Kudos

RE: The System Update Utility failed ln: creating symbolic link `libcrypto.so.4': File exists

Hi Daniel,

You can download the SUU for Linux like windows and it allows you to run a ./SUU -e to update and before that you can run a ./SUU -c so it can run the dell detection engine and tell you what is out of date.

I'm looking at this page right now.

http://blog.technotesdesk.com/how-to-run-dell-suu-tool-and-upgrade-the-server-running-red-hat-es-lin...

So it can be done and this would solve a lot of challenges if we could just deploy the see run the cmd and then it would update everything. Help me out and look at this Your session ID for this incident is 77129839.

0 Kudos

Before telling me it does not work have you tested this? Why would Dell release a tools that does not work at all or create plugins. 

So test this lets see the output of failure and post it. Drag it out into the light. 

0 Kudos