wyattwong
1 Nickel

Unable to start Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA)

We have removed some expired certificate from the Dell PowerEdge servers and then found that the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) could not be started.

Please let us know how to resolve the issue ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Unable to start Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OM

WyattWong,

The easiest solution would be to uninstall OMSA completely and then reinstall. That should present the certificate and resolve the issue. 

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
wyattwong
1 Nickel

I have already done this and it doesn’t work at all
0 Kudos

What are you seeing when you start it, errors and such?

Chris Hawk

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
wyattwong
1 Nickel

For one of the Dell servers, after double clicked the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator, the IE showed the following URL and just keep loading with a blank content page.

https://<hostname>:1311/?authType=ntlm&locallogin=true&application=omsa

For other Dell servers, after double clicked the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator, I just got page not found error.

0 Kudos

Has it worked previously or is the a new configuration?

Have you tried another browser?

Is this local or remote, proxy?

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos
wyattwong
1 Nickel

The Dell Administrator console works previously in the same Dell servers. But after I removed the outdated certificates, the Dell Administrator console no longer works. Even after I restored the certificates from another Dell Server, the Dell Administrator console failed to startup.

The Dell Administrator console is of course local. Since the servers only installed IE by default, I have not tried on other browser. The Dell Servers are either installed with IE9 (for Windows Server 2008 SP2) or IE11 (for Windows Server 2008 R2)

0 Kudos