Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2013 02:00

VGA Card For Dell PowerEdge T710

Dear,

I have a Dell server with model is Dell PowerEdge T710 with service tag number is [ADMIN NOTE: Service Tag removed per privacy policy]. I want to add an add-in VGA card for this server. But I'm not sure which is add-in VGA card model can work well with this server.

I absolutely consider some informations of a add-in VGA card such as: Power Consumption, Model, ...
Please recommend me EXACTLY one or some add-in VGA card products can work well with my server.

Looking for your quick reply.
Thanks and Best Regards,
---
Thaw

9.3K Posts

March 22nd, 2013 07:00

Dell has not validated any video cards for the R710. Only since the 12th generation servers have they validated some videocards (and the server may have power cables to power the videocard).

This means that unless someone else posts a success story with exact details of which card they used, you may have to just try some different cards.

Note that your server has no power cables for the videocard and the PCIe slots probably don't provide more than 25W in power, so you want to be sure to shop for videocards that don't require more than 25W in total power.

No Events found!