Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RK

January 12th, 2017 06:00

VRTX Power Supplies - Chinese Customs Problem

Hello,

we have a big problem - we try to get a VRTX system to our subsidiary in China.

Now the Chinese Customs want some additional documents ...

First they wanted a CCC Certificate - but this is obsolet because our VRTX has four 1600W power supplies. We provided a Document from Dell, that the VRTX is not under the CCC ...

Now the customs officer want an other document - they said:

"However the guarantee from Dell can not be accepted by local government.

Only the documents which include their official specific data (especially the rated power), and  Outgoing Quality Checking report with testing information (here, also meaning rated power ), can be help on this case.

The said data should be for VRTX System. The components information like power supply have no persuasion as the feedback from Bureau."

Can someone here help?

Best regards from Germany

Robert

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 12th, 2017 07:00

"Only the documents which include their official specific data (especially the rated power), and  Outgoing Quality Checking report with testing information (here, also meaning rated power ), can be help on this case."

The above in simple translation.... someone in "local government" wants a payoff.

Truth aside , can you take the systems taken apart and send as parts or for repair? Sound like you need a knowledgeable broker, and a few hundred US.

21 Posts

January 13th, 2017 00:00

Hi,

yes I know, that some of the officers like to get a Hong Bao - but they will not get one. BTW - the system is already in Shanghai at the customs - so it is not possible to ship single parts. We have a broker how handles our shipments and do the customs stuff. It is not the first shipment we do to our subsidiary.

I've received to documents from our local Dell partner which I have forwarded. On Monday i will get notice ...

21 Posts

February 20th, 2017 08:00

Finally I got a document from Dell, modified and signed by our key account manager from Dell ...

Gues what ... the officer from the Chinese Customs accepted it (probably he accepted, that he will not get any Hong Bao [red envelope with money]) and the VRTX in our office now.

Next time (in five years) the system will be bought in China directly ... 

1 Message

August 8th, 2018 04:00

hi Robert,

did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem ! :)

Thanks,

Mario

No Events found!