Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2016 09:00

Video Card in either R900 or R710

I've got a project I need to complete that essentially just needs either a Poweredge R900 or R710 with a discrete video card that will work for display. Based on my research, I can't figure out if and which cards are compatible with these systems. I haven't purchased the server yet, but before I do I need to know that onboard graphics can be disabled and that the servers can use the video cards for display purposes (think hosted game server, output from the server).

November 7th, 2016 12:00

I had seen many situations in which the low power limitation meant modern GPUs were likely not going to work. As I chase down this thread, I found the Nvidia Quadro Plex 2200 S4 compatible with at least some of the later Poweredge models. Can this use be used to utilize the GPU array for graphics display instead of data processing?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 12:00

Hello.

I can't figure out if and which cards are compatible with these systems. I haven't purchased the server yet, but before I do I need to know that on-board graphics can be disabled and that the servers can use the video cards for display purposes

These servers do not have any graphics cards that are supported to run in them. It is a probability that graphic cards will function just fine. When they do function, there is an option to disable the embedded video via Integrated Devices in the system BIOS.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 8th, 2016 07:00

I am not quite familiar with processing capabilities of the Quadro Plex 2200 S4. Contact NVIDIA directly for better advice: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadroplex_2200_s4_us.html 

No Events found!