Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2016 09:00

apply bundles.sh is invalid

I've found older posts on this issue but 2+ years is a bit out of date.  Is the solution to this issue to locate a pervious version of the tool and rebuild the iso?  And yes i just did a full update from today and reburned the iso with the same result.  This is for a R620.

2 Posts

February 25th, 2017 09:00

Downloaded BootableISO_2017-01-30_13-23-23-selected.zip for the R630.  Spoke to support as OME was not an option.  Spent time on my weekend and coordinating an outage for all out major applications..  This couldn't be identified prior to release?  I get the same problem. 

18 Posts

March 1st, 2017 16:00

Are you pressing ALT+F2 during an iDRAC remote console?  IT is not working for me when I try.  

When I press ALT+F2 I get a ^[^[ reply back.  

When I press enter it reboots the server.

Also a note.  This is happening on a R930 iDRAC8 session.

May 1st, 2017 13:00

Thanks! This resolved the issue with my PowerEdge R730xd ISO files from both the March and April 2017 versions.

336 Posts

May 3rd, 2017 08:00

I have just updated to v2.2.1.616 (plugin v830) and my ISOs are no longer working. I'm getting the same "apply bundles.sh is invalid" message. Is there a bug with this latest update?

May 6th, 2017 12:00

worked flawless! 

Thx!

1 Message

July 9th, 2017 11:00

This worked great!!! Thank you!!

December 7th, 2017 07:00

i had same problem, 

tomaskalabis.com/.../

January 13th, 2018 12:00

I'm glad I found a thread on this that wasn't too old.  I have a Dell R510 1.12 BIOS.  I've created a bootable USB using RUFUS 2.18,1213 putting the linuxlso.iso file from the BootableISO_2017-10-16_10-07-47 download from Dell. Booting to the USB gives me the "apply bundles.sh is invalid" error.  Going through the manual mount process.  the lsblk command shows the mount device to be sde.  So, I mount /dev/sde /opt/dell/toolkit/systems and hit enter.  I'm not Linux expert, but the message returned from the mount command doesn't seem right.  That message is:

mount: /dev/sde is write-protected, mounting read-only

mount:unknown filesystem type '(null)'

I can navigate through the folders on the USB drive (opt, opt/dell, opt/dell/toolkit/, opt/dell/toolkit/systems). When I get to the systems folder, all that's there is the bin file "upimg.bin".  So, it doesn't appear as if the mount command is mounting the bin file properly. There is no drm_files folder and no apply_bundles.sh file under that folder.  Not sure where to go from here.  I did burn this ISO on a different USB drive to see if that would work. No go.  Kind of stuck. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

January 13th, 2018 16:00

Greg,

Literally just ran into the same issues. 

https://tylermade.net/2017/08/09/how-to-fix-dell-deployment-toolkit-apply-bundles-sh-is-invalid/

Turns out I mounted the disk and not the partition of my usb, hence why I was unable to see the files. 

Hope this helps!

Nikki

2 Posts

May 20th, 2018 05:00

Great help, I have been stuck for 24hrs with this problem, I bought recently an old T610 for my home labs and this suppose to be a very easy way to update the server, but got stuck

Now sh script is running and updating the system, many thanks!

1 Message

August 10th, 2018 12:00

August 2018 and updating the bios/uefi on Dell computers more difficult than it was 15 years ago.

Explain why i cant put the files on a usb drive and hit CtrlHome during POST to update the bios.  This was possible 15 years ago.

Instead i spent hours and hours trying to use efi file, changing boot options, Lifecycle controller costs money, etc.

Then i find this totally hidden repo of iso files.  Then after using rufus to make the iso bootable, the software still errs out.  Good thing i know what mount is and how to find files. 

Dell is supposed to be the #1 computer oem in the world, and it takes hours of frustration to update one server bios.

No Events found!