Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2020 08:00

iDRAC for PowerEdge R440

Hello everyone,

We have just had our first Dell server, the PowerEdge R440. We are excited and also, a bit shame to say we have no experience with the server previously.

OK, We did not choose the iDRAC Enterprise when build the server, we selected standard.

Today I start setting up the server and in the iDRAC interface, all the contents are "read-only" and all options are grey-out or not available to change/save... Is this because we did not have the enterprise licence?

We have not config the iDRAC from the System setting yet though...

Thank you for your advice

• 

8.4K Posts

February 4th, 2020 13:00

James,

If you are accessing the iDrac and seeing them grayed out the first thing I would look at is if the Local Config using settings is Enabled. If you access the iDrac web interface, not the local server side connection, then got to iDrac Settings - Services - verify if the "Disable iDrac Local Configuration is set to Enabled on either selection, as seen below.

Capture.PNG

Let me know what you see, and if changing that setting allows you to configure the iDrac as you were. 

February 13th, 2020 08:00

Hey Chris,

Those option in my settings are "disable". Again, I am launching the iDRAC using the "Start" button, and select "iDRAC Gui Launcher". The username I used is root and calvin is the password did not work either

I have not config the iDRAC network settings in the BIOS yet.

So it looks like I have to firstly setup the network for the iDRAC interface before I can change these setting heh?

What I understand from your instruction that, I must access iDRAC using the web-interface in order to change these settings?

Thank you

No Events found!