Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 29th, 2018 15:00

iDRAC8 keeps resetting

I have a Dell T630 server with a iDRAC8 card in it. It currently has firmware v2.43.43 installed. It keeps going offline. I have tried both firmware v2.50.50.50 and v2.52.52.52. I have also reset the card to factory defaults (several times). No matter what, the card keeps resetting (essentially rebooting). I tried resetting to factory defaults and then removing power from the whole server so I know it was powered off. Nothing is helping.  My warranty will expire in 41 days.

Is there any log I can look at to see why it keeps going offline? What can I look at? Any ideas?

• 

8.5K Posts

March 29th, 2018 15:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag so we can get some additional information?

What happens when it goes offline? Not able to access the web gui? Do the iDRAC logs show anything?

51 Posts

March 29th, 2018 17:00

Message sent. I think it is getting worse. Now it always boots into the lifecycle controller, even if I go into the LFC and then exit. Also, when I try to go into the iDRAC settings via local (not remoted via WWW), it says the idrac is not found. I have tried powering it off and removing power completely for 20+ minutes. It's looking a lot like the iDrac is dead or dying.

1 Message

July 10th, 2019 08:00

Hi swspjcd, 

I am having a similar problem, where our iDrac keeps resetting as well. I've contacted Dell and have a case open with no solutions as of yet. I would like to know if you were ever able to resolve this issue?

No Events found!