Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

96 Posts

February 1st, 2021 05:00

Confirming GPG signature

How do I confirm it for a file such as this one: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=mxkg2. I am using Linux. 

2.9K Posts

February 1st, 2021 09:00

Hello,

You should be able to confirm with a GPG signature generally like this:

gpg --verify .sig

I'm not sure if all Linux distributions include GPG by default, so you may need to confirm. Let me know if this helps.

1 Rookie

• 

96 Posts

February 2nd, 2021 06:00

I did attempt to do that:

gpg --verify ESM_Firmware_MXKG2_LN32_2.91_A00.BIN.sign iDRAC6_2.91_A00_FW_IMG.exe

But this is the error that I get: 
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key

Upon doing a gpg --list-keys, I do have the dell one imported: 

pub   dsa1024 2001-04-16 [SC]
     4172E2CE955A1776A5E61BB7CA77951D23B66A9D
uid           [ unknown] Dell, Inc. (Product Group)
uid           [ unknown] Dell Computer Corporation (Linux Systems Group)
sub   elg1024 2001-04-16 [E]

2.9K Posts

February 2nd, 2021 09:00

If you'd like to send me the service tag of the server in a DM, I'd be happy to check the warranty status and help connect you with support. The --list-keys argument should list the keys in your public keyring.

You might see if deleting the key and reimporting it makes any change. 

1 Rookie

• 

96 Posts

February 2nd, 2021 11:00

It's a dell r710   

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

February 5th, 2021 04:00

Hello @droidus91,

Please, can you confirm if you followed the instructions of my colleague @Dell-DylanJ,

Thank you in advanced.

Regards.

1 Rookie

• 

96 Posts

February 5th, 2021 04:00

bump

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 5th, 2021 06:00

Linux is only supported for systems that shipped from dell with Linux installed.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/overview/cp/linuxsystems

Redhat. Suse. Ubuntu

Not every distribution under the sun.

The file you point to is for WINDOWS.

There is Linux support but its not free from Redhat or Dell or Novell or Canonical.

1 Rookie

• 

96 Posts

February 5th, 2021 07:00

I plan to use FreeDOS to update.  

As far as support, I don't believe Dell r710s are supported any longer, and I know mine is no longer. 

Regardless of hardware support, I am simply asking how to confirm that downloaded updates are not corrupt.  

2.9K Posts

February 5th, 2021 07:00

The process I detailed is how to use GPG. I can't say why your public key ring doesn't seem to acknowledge the key. I would try deleting and re-adding the key. If that doesn't work, I would refer you to phone support. If the system is out of warranty, as you state, there would be a fee associated with that (I'm not sure what it is, pricing information is something we saw very little of as techs). As for FreeDOS, I've never used it, so I can't comment on it.

EDIT: On second thought, with this being FreeDOS, phone support may not be an option, even with the fee. I believe that would be made available to officially supported operating systems only. GPG should still work the same across distros, but I wanted to correct what I said above. 

No Events found!