Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2015 09:00

Please need help with T-110 Windows 7 Installation

Hi guys,

I'm totally new to this forum. The reason why I'm writing is because we give IT Support to a medical practice and we took this customer about 3 months back. We are trying to fix things that weren't working the proper way. Ok to make the long story short, they have a poweredge t-110 server that had installed windows 7 32 bit. yeah I know, why would somebody install  a 32 bit version instead of a 64 bit version which gives them the capability of at least upgrading ram. They needed more space because the disk was full. So we went ahead and tried to at least do clean re-install on a totally new disk using a few windows 7 64 bit oem disk but with all disk we are getting the error "A required CD/DVD drive device drivers is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD,DVD, or usb flash drive, please insert it now"

Note: If the windows installationmedia is in the CD/DVDdrive, you can safelyremove it for this step.

We have come across with this error but only when the installation cd is corrupted but we tried with 4 different cd's and it always gave the same error. I know this hardware is not intended for this OS and that this should of never been downgraded but how do I get across the error? Any help will be gladly appreciated. Thanks

5 Posts

August 13th, 2015 13:00

I found this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/1466/t/19408097

Is this a solution for the t-110 also?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hello.

Generally the client Operating Systems are not supported on the Dell servers. However, they are known to work fine. Try deploying the Windows 7 using the LifeCycle Controller (LCC). During Post, press F10 to enter in to LCC and go to OS deployment and select Windows 2008 R2. What RAID controller do you have?

5 Posts

Thanks Robert!

We disabled the raid conttoller. It is know non-raid because customer deciddd yo go with one disk instead of 2. They ran out of space so they decided to go with one instead of buying 2.

5 Posts

August 15th, 2015 05:00

I used the Dell System Build and Update Utility to install Win7 on the t-110. On the screen where you have to select OS, I choose wS2008 R2 but after a certain time, its giving the error that it can't load the drives. I then choose ws2012 but no success. I originally took a used dvd-rw and erased it and then burned the iso file. Can this error be the cd? Please someone throw some light in here because the next step is telling the customer to buy a legitimate windows server os and license or simply swap out equipment and buy a new one. To be honest I don't know how would someone degrade a windows server OS down to a windows 7 32 bit, what a stupid move!

1 Rookie

• 

1.2K Posts

August 15th, 2015 11:00

You could try the microsoft usb tool and create a bootable usb flash disk and boot off that.

5 Posts

August 15th, 2015 11:00

Thanks guy!

I tried it with a bootable windows 7 usb but it gave me an error which was unable to load the drivers. This thing is getting frustrating! The other thing I'm doing is burning the iso image of the dell system build and update utility on a brand new disk without scratches to see if this was the problem.

No Events found!