Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2017 01:00

PowerEdge R330 server could not downgrade OS

Hello,

I just purchased PowerEdge R330 for my office. it comes with pre-install Windows Server 2012 R2. However, I need to downgrade the OS as it's the requirement for some the software that need to be installed. 

Problem now, i could not downgrade the OS, even though i had inject my Windows 2008 installer with USB 3.0 driver (as per instructed in the manual).

I use 2 ways to re-install the OS.

1) Via windows: Error occurred - "Could not install required driver"

2) Via Dell Lifecycle Controller (OS Deployment) - system could not detect any hard drive/storage

Need some help to solve this.

Thanks!

• 

6.2K Posts

January 27th, 2017 09:00

Hello

The driver issue is most likely related to USB 3, but it may also be another device. If you have added any hardware to the system then remove it. If you have not removed hardware then you injected the wrong driver or injected it incorrectly:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2016/05/15/how-to-inject-usb-3-0-drivers-into-windows-server-2008-r2sp1-for-use-on-dell-r230-r330-t130-t330

2) Via Dell Lifecycle Controller (OS Deployment) - system could not detect any hard drive/storage

Make sure that you create a RAID array. Only virtual disks will be presented to the operating system unless you are using some type of HBA controller.

Thanks

2 Posts

January 30th, 2017 20:00

Hello

Thank you for the feedback.

Not sure if my Windows Server 2008 OS had issue. Pretty sure i had injected the usb3.0 driver correctly - follow the instruction provided from the link.

I still seeing the same problem when i tried install OS via Dell Lifecycle Controller, even after creating array.

I have become helpless seeing the problem for one week already. Appreciate if you could suggest any other idea.

Thanks in advance!

No Events found!