Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2011 01:00

powerpath viewer feature request

Hi,

Powerpath viewer is great. However for multiple people could a single web interface to it be put in place ? The reason for this is under Windows, the configuration is kept with the user login which means even if on person has configured it up fully if someone else logs in and runs it up they see no configuration, even though it is already configured and alerting.

Anyhow, a great addition, thanks to those involved.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 10th, 2011 10:00

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. 

That’s a great idea.  It is on the short list of stuff that should be done moving forward.

I know this isn’t a solution to your problem, but just FYI…  The viewer stores the remote connection config in the following file: (on XP – similar path on Win 7)

C:\Documents and Settings\\emc\PowerPath\connectionList.xml

You can copy it to another user id and the viewer will startup with that config.

Please let us know if you’ve got other ideas you’d like to see implemented.

Todd

1 Message

December 2nd, 2011 06:00

I copied the connectionList.xml to the default user profile, Works fine. However I would love to see a single Web GUI as well.

Thanks

Roman

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2011 07:00

Folks have also asked to get the email sending "service" de-coupled from the GUI.  Currently if the GUI isn't running, email doesn't get sent on path events.   Putting the application together the way you've suggested will make adding that feature easier too.

Any other changes you'd like to see?

1 Rookie

• 

299 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 07:00

Not off hand. Thanks for asking.

No Events found!