Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2017 07:00

DR4100 network setup

Just installed our new DR4100 and trying to get it connected to our Dell N3024F but my 10 Gb ports are in use. So I setup Eth3 for my connection but from the factory they setup Bond0 of Eth1 and eth2. Eth3 is a 1 Gb going to the N3024F 1 Gb port via a copper to fiber converter. I have not been able to set the DNS servers nor add it to the active directory because it errors saying they can not connect. I have the webgui open to the eth3 IP address.

So my question is: Is the system expecting Bond0 to find my Active directory and DNS servers?? Because when I set Bond0 to DHCP (We have no DHCP server) I can no long get to the Webgui. Add an IP address restart networking and I can get to the Web interface. Can I disable bond0?? Or is there some other things I need to do?

Thanks.

• 

7.1K Posts

November 21st, 2017 13:00

Hello dflatl,

If you use the command line interface you can modify the default factory configuration. Here is a link to the Command line guide, & if you look on page 35 it explains how to modify the bonding. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/powervault-dr4100_reference%20guide2_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

7 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 06:00

Thanks Sam, I ended up using the delete command to remove one of the nics from the bond leaving Eth1. I had setup Eth3 to access the DR4100 but every time I tried to setup the DNS pointer or Active directory it went out through Bond0 and since it was not connected it failed. So going with Eth1 fixed it so I could set the DNS pointer.

Next I got to figure out why added accounts to local workgroup can't log in but the administrator account still can?? Don't want to setup active directory till I fix this.

Thanks.

March 1st, 2018 06:00

Hi dflatl,

I'm having the same issue with local work group accounts not being able to login and ad accounts can't login as well even though I have AD configured correctly. Did you ever find out why this happened and have you found a resolution to this?

No Events found!