Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2016 12:00

Decrease Latency on MD3200i

Hello, I have a MD3200i. It is used for CSVs running hyper-v VMs in a Microsoft cluster, and another drive on another host. The latency has been increasing as activity has been increasing. There are two VMs I want to have the best performance.

Would putting these two VMs on their own CSV help? Right now they are on the CSV with 12 other VMs. Do you have other recommendations?

Any suggests on how to find the bottleneck or the slowest point - network, controllers, disk access...?

I see much information on the performance tab in MDSM, but I have no idea what to compare it to or what's good and what's bad. Is their any document the specifies suggested, good or bad values metrics and objects?

The Latency reading from MDSM is much lower than from another source (Veeam ONE Monitor). Could this mean the network is the bottleneck?

Any help or insight would be great. Thanks,

Ken

• 

6.9K Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

Hello Ken,

Are you using all 8 ports on your MD3200i or just using 4 ports? Here is a link to our deployment guide just in case you need it as if you look on page 20 it shows the best way to deploy the MD3200i. http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powervault-md3200i_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf

You may get better performance by moving those 2 VM’s to their own CSV but I couldn’t say for sure without testing it out & comparing the IOPS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

68 Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

Hello Sam,

I am using 8 ports.

Thanks,

Ken

No Events found!