Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2014 10:00

Dell Power Vault TL2000 ISCSI BRIDGE (tl24iscsixsas 1gb iscsi)

Hello,

Iam having trouble with my tape library iscsi bridge, my scerario are:

1- Someone configured an ip on it before then it was not being used for long and the configuration was not documented.

2-I did a factory reset on the tape so i could try the default ip that is 10.10.10.10 (i follow the Iscsi bridge configuration manual)

3- i set an ip address on my laptop (10.10.10.11 with mask 255.255.255.0) and i connected my CAT5e cable on each port of the Iscsi bridge to ping 10.10.10.10 but i was not succeed, i need help so that i can have my iscsi bridge working, and one thing i notice is that the connection between my laptop and the iscsi bridge is at 10MB os speed is that NORMAL... Help help

• 

6.9K Posts

July 31st, 2014 14:00

Hello carlos.maiala,

When you try to connect to the ISCSI Bridge are you using the ethernet port next to the sas connection on the ISCSI Bridge?  If not then the Left side ethernet port is the port that you will need to use to access the bridge for setup as that is the port that is set to 10.10.10.10.  It is normal for the connection speed of the management interface to be about 10mb speed.      

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

August 1st, 2014 00:00

Sam,

Yes, iam using the ethernet port next to the sas connection on the Iscsi Bridge, and i cannot connect to it

9 Posts

March 4th, 2015 23:00

Carlos,

I ran into the same issue as you and I was able to solve it by using a utility that Dell support provided to me called LANSCAN.  This utility sends out a broadcast to the iSCSI card which then responds back with its IP address and other information.  It worked really well.  Contact Dell support and ask them for the utility.

1 Message

February 9th, 2016 14:00

Hi, sorry to bring this thread back but I'm having the same issue. Is it possible to obtain the LANSCAN utility?

9 Posts

February 17th, 2016 22:00

Woodchuck11,

Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you the Lanscan utility via e-mail as an attachment.

Claudio

1 Message

December 10th, 2016 18:00

I have same issue, can you email or private message with LANSCAN. thank you!

1 Message

December 25th, 2016 13:00

Hi Carlos,

I have the same problem. I can´t connect via ethernet on both ports with any ip-adress. A cisco swtch c-3750 doesn´t shows any mac adress from the iscsi-bridge. Where can I get the LANSCAN - utility.

Best regards

Carsten

2 Posts

April 14th, 2017 02:00

I have same issue, can you email or private message with LANSCAN. thank you!

July 6th, 2017 15:00

Hi Sam

could you please send me the lanscan utility so I can discover the ip address of my iscsi bridge

thanks adrian

• 

6.9K Posts

July 7th, 2017 14:00

Hello Adrian,

If you connect to the default port of your iSCSI bridge, can you use the default IP 10.10.10.10 to access the management utility? If not then you will need to direct connect to the default port of your iSCSI bridge. Once that is done then you can use any LAN scan utility that you prefer & it should find the IP of the bridge.

20 Posts

August 19th, 2017 15:00

I also have same issue - can you email or private message me with the LANSCAN utility? Thank you!

• 

6.9K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 12:00

Hello BSD2000,

There is not a Dell LAN scan tool that we offer to find the IP address of your ISCSI bridge. In most cases as long as the ISCSI bridge is working you should be able to use any scan utility to find your IP address of your bridge. If you are not able to then I would say that there may be an issue with the ISCSI bridge or the slot that it is plugging into on your TL.

20 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 14:00

It doesn't seem like the iSCSI bridge communicates with the TL2000 since it doesn't show up in the TL2000's management page when you add the bridge. It's almost as if the iSCSI bridge only gets power from the TL2000 and nothing else; hence the SAS port and independant NIC ports on the bridge - no data passes between the tape library and iSCSI card.

The IP address could be set to anything, any IP address from any address class, and since the card doesn't do anything unless it's directly asked using its static IP, it could take weeks to scan every address to find out what it is. I have no idea how people here are having luck finding the IP address - unless my bridge is defective - since it doesn't create ANY IP traffic, not at boot up, nothing.

It really boils down to the card being poorly designed, poorly documented and poorly implemented with no forethought given for a recovery process if the IP address was changed from default.

I've spent hours trying the different things I've seen scattered in the forum and nothing worked. If anyone has any other ideas to try, I'm open to give it one last shot. Otherwise, it's getting snapped in half and thrown in the garbage where it belongs.

• 

6.9K Posts

August 23rd, 2017 13:00

Hello BSD2000,

Have you tried flashing the firmware on your TL2000 to see if the ISCSI Bridge is seen? Also, if you have access to the Web utility then can I get you to provide me with a service dump log? To get a service dump log you will go to the Service Library Menu View Logs & select Save Service Dump. That will ask you where you want to save the file and it will save that info on your local system. I will send you an email to your email address that you used in your profile. If you can reply back with the log I can review it.

2 Posts

September 4th, 2017 02:00

I found it.
Works very well.
In txt'file shows two IP.

1 Attachment

No Events found!