Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 12th, 2022 13:00

How to allow iSCSI connections from my ESXi 7 host to my new ME5024

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find some documentation on how I can get my ESXi host to see my new ME5024 via iSCSI.

I've got the iSCSI software adapter all configured up with the dynamic discover address of my ME5024 and they're physically connected to the same switch but I don't see how or where I can allow my ESXi host access to the new volume that I've created. With the very few options available in the PowerVault Manager I would think it would be obvious as to how to allow an iSCSI host access to the SAN yet I can't find anything. Closest I can get is the "Hosts" screen where there's a button to "Create Host" yet its grayed out for me. Things have changed quite a lot since the days of Equallogic Group Manager!

NetworkSteve_0-1652385444394.png

NetworkSteve_2-1652385993221.png

• 

3.1K Posts

May 13th, 2022 00:00

Hi @NetworkSteve,

ME5024 is relatively new and I'm unable to find good documentation for your easy reference. I've not done any configuration on ME5 and ESXi 7.0 before, hence I'm not able to properly provide good guidance. I would suggest for you to call support (since this is a new purchase) for deployment guide. 

I've attached some link reference to ME5 deployment guide and best practices. To my suspicion, you mentioned the Create Host button is greyed out in PowerVault Manager, I might think the initial setup of the PowerVault Manager is not completed. If refering to the deployment guide, page 66, the prerequisites was to complete it.

If you have completed the PowerVault Manager setup process and still the host creation is greyed out, I suggest to give the support a call.

Deployment guide: https://dell.to/38oaXZv

Best Practise: https://dell.to/3yA8eHg

May 13th, 2022 10:00

Hey Joey, thanks for the response. I take a look at the guide and contact support as you suggested if I'm still stuck.

Cheers,

Steve

No Events found!