Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

4 Posts

September 25th, 2019 17:00

MD3820i Controller Lockout w/ CODE LU+OE

Attempted to "revive" a failed drive (and replace other failed HDD). Witnessed the "Working dialog for a considerable period of time", then lost connection to the array in the MDSM.

7 Segment Display codes on the controllers: LU + OE

Array vanished from the MDSM and is now "Unidentified Disk Array" with no means to manage/administrate it anymore.

What are the steps to recover?

PowerVault MD3820i

Service tag is: in case that is needed or helpful.

• 

6.9K Posts

September 30th, 2019 10:00

Hello CAPCAP101,

Do you have the serial cable that came with your MD3820i?  If you do, then can I get you to capture the boot of the controller so that we can see the lockdown & when it is happening?  I will send you a private message so that you can send me the serial capture of the controllers.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Posts

October 15th, 2019 13:00

We do not have the serial cable that came with the MD3820i. Can USB to serial connector work or HP SERIALCLI-MSA-1000?

Thank you,

PC

• 

6.9K Posts

October 21st, 2019 09:00

Hello PC,

Normally you can’t use any cable but the cable that comes with your MD3820i.  Here is the Dell part# VPNP6 for the serial/ password reset cable.  You can find them sold by 3rd party vendors as well as Dell. If you still have an active warranty on your MD3820f then we can send you a replacement cable. if you don't then you will need to purchase one.

Please let us know if you have any other questions

No Events found!