Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2014 04:00

PowerVault TL2000 HE: drive logged out Code: FB 01 / Exception F1 01 - Error

Hi,

The drive of my PowerVault TL2000 is not working properly.

The next errors appears:

Status >> HE: drive logged out Code: FB 01

Drive 1 Status >> Exception F1 01 -  Error

I have just updated the firmware of the library to C.30 version without positive results.

I have also attach the information of both library and drive. It could be of your interest to find a solution of my problem.

Thank you very much for your help,

Antonio Borondo

January 19th, 2014 22:00

Hi Samuel,

We finally decided to contact with Dell Support because the problem is not easy to resolve. They told us that the problem could be a drive fail or a LCC fail. Now we are waiting for a budget to repair it.

Antonio Borondo

• 

6.9K Posts

January 2nd, 2014 07:00

Hello Antonio Borondo,

That error point to drive 2 as having an issue & can’t go to home position.  So what I would do is to check and make sure that there is no tape in the drive.  If the drive is clear then I would get a drive dump from both drives & you can send them to me so I can review them for you.  I will send you a private message that you can reply back to with the logs.  I also removed 2 of the pictures as they had your service tag listed and didn’t want your personal data to be listed on this public forum.  

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

January 7th, 2014 01:00

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for getting back me.

The drive is not empty so I can not dump it. There is a tape inside and I can not move it to an empty slot. When I try it, I get this error:

HE: drive communication error - Code: F1

How can I resolve it?

Thank you very much,

Antonio Borondo

• 

6.9K Posts

January 7th, 2014 09:00

Hello Antonio,

With having a tape stuck in the drive that is why you are getting the error.  Since the tape won’t come out what you can do is to manually try & wind the tape & see if you can get it to eject.  To do so you will need a 25.mm offset Hex wrench & will need to turn it counterclockwise and it should wind the tape back into the cartridge and then start to eject the tape.  The whole to put the Hex wrench is on the bottom of the tape drive and bout 3inches from the front of the drive.  Now if your TL2000 was still under warranty then we would replace the drive.  

January 9th, 2014 06:00

I Sam,

We have dismounted the TL2000 and we have finally ejected the tape from the drive but the error is still appearing. Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Antonio

• 

6.9K Posts

January 9th, 2014 16:00

Hello Antonio,

Ok with the drive now clear of media lets see if we can get a drive dump from the drive so we can see what errors have happened.  The log that you sent me is good but I need a drive dump log from the drive to see what errors are on the drive.  to pull a drive dump need to login to the web utility then need to go to Service Library MenuSave Drive Dump.  Once in that menu then just select the drive that had a tape stuck in it and select Save Drive Dump.  Once you have that if you can email that back to me I can review it & let you know what I am seeing in regards to that drive.  

January 9th, 2014 23:00

Hi Sam,

I can not save the drive dump, neither regular or forced:

Kind regards,

Antonio

• 

6.9K Posts

January 10th, 2014 17:00

Hello Antonio,

What i would try to do is to power up the TL2000 without any sas cables connected.  If the unit will come to an idle state then power it off and reconnect it to the server and then power it up to see if it boots up without any errors.  

January 12th, 2014 23:00

Hi Sam,

We have started up the TL2000 disconnected from the server and we get  the same error.

After these checks I am thinking that the unit may be broken...

Kind regards,

Antonio Borondo

• 

6.9K Posts

January 14th, 2014 08:00

Hello Antonio,

Since the TL2000 will not go to a ready state with the drive installed it is looking like the drive is truly failed & is needing to be replaced.  If you do get a replacement drive please feel free to post back and I will be glad to assist you with getting it installed and your TL2000 back up & running.  

January 19th, 2014 22:00

Hi Sam,

We finally decided to contact with Dell Support because the problem is not easy to resolve. They told us that the problem could be a drive fail or a LCC fail. Now we are waiting for the budget to repair it.

Antonio Borondo

1 Message

September 17th, 2014 07:00

Hi Antonio,

How did you managed to fix this error?? I'm getting exactly the same :(

Regards,

Ivan

2 Posts

February 4th, 2015 11:00

Was there any update on this?  We had a power outage last night and this error came up.  Can any one help? this unit is no longer under warranty.  Thanks.

• 

6.9K Posts

February 10th, 2015 08:00

Hello Cdagne,

Can I get you to gather a service Dump log from your TL2000 so that I can review it to see what is going on.  You can gather the service dump log by using Web utility & then selecting Service Library Menu  View Logs.  Menu Also I will send you a private message that you can reply back with the log.  

23 Posts

February 26th, 2015 13:00

(Hate to tag on to an existing thread, but similar error)

I also have a TL2000 that is logging "Drive Logged out", can I drop you a Service Dump as well?

No Events found!