Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2007 21:00

Powervault 705n and Vista

Is there any way to get Vista to recognize the 705n. We  changed our entire network of workstations over to Vista Premium and now no one can see the NAS  server for the files they need.

We can see it from one laptop that is still on XP  but  short of copying all of the files to a new NAS server  can anyone help make  this  work with Windows Vista ?

Thanks

Robert

NEC POWER SYSTEMS

Email me:

Thanks

221 Posts

May 31st, 2007 12:00

Good luck with that, Vista is so new and no service packs available so there's tons of issues people are seeing when deploying on company networks.  I'm waiting for a service pack before even thinking of deploying.

If at all possible, ditch the 705.  It's an ancient piece of hardware.  The SNAP OS is outdated and has issues with 2003 domains.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2008 13:00

Hi,

We're having the same trouble here. Fortunately we have just a couple of Vista clients right now. Has anyone come up with a workaround or a solution for this? It seems quite odd to me that Vista users get "Access Denied" when trying to access files on the Powervault 705N. Well maybe not odd, but certainly frustrating!

Thanks,
T.
No Events found!