Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2014 01:00

RAID Controller Module is in Lockdown mode

I have Dell Power Vault 3200i 

Newly installed on RACK I installed the Dell Storage manager on my Laptop OS is Windows 8.1

After Adding the storage it is giving the following Error 

when we go for the Update the Firmware it also not accept that firmware 

current Firmware version 07.84.47.60

the version that I have downloaded from dell is 07.84.56.60

it also no accept that one

• 

6.9K Posts

August 20th, 2014 11:00

Hello wakasavan,

What I would do is to try & run the lemClearLockdown via the serial cable connected to the affected controller and that should clear the error.  Now after the controller reboots it comes back with the same error again then what will need to be done is to contact support and they can do a serial capture of the output & based off that information they can clear the error & make sure it doesn’t get stuck in lockdown again once the controller reboots.  

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Rookie

• 

40 Posts

December 8th, 2014 04:00

Hi Sam

I have an MD3800f with the same issue, I have connected the unit via a serial cable but i am unable to enter the serial interface mode for the controller

I am using tera term and on md32xx and md36xx when ### appears on screen i usually press ctrl + b and i am able to enter the boot operations menu to enable serial mode but this does not seem to work on the md38xx

Could you please assist me

Dave

• 

6.9K Posts

December 11th, 2014 10:00

Hello Dave,

Here are a few things that you can try to see if it lets you access the console.

1. Change the baud rate from 115200 to 9600.

2. Swap the controller slots or try the controller by itself.

3. Connect the serial cable to the other working storage controller and run these commands:

cmgrSetAltToOptimal

altCtlReset 2

resetController_MT 1

If that still doesn’t allow you to access the controller then you will need to have a recent Support Bundle of your MD so that we can look at to see what is going on.  Which lockdown error are you getting on your MD3800F?

3 Posts

April 16th, 2017 05:00

I have same issue with Dell MD3860f storage array. I have attached serial cable and using putty to access console interface using 9600-8-1 setting. But when I send Ctrl-Break command, it gives me options for Service Interface (S) and baud rate change. When I goto service interface, I get only 3 options as shown below;

1) Display IP Configuration

2) Display Seven Segment Code

Q) Quit Menu

How can I access the commandline where you mentioned to enter lemClearLockdwon command? Waiting for your response please.

• 

6.9K Posts

April 17th, 2017 10:00

Hello szsaifi,

When you are trying to clear any lockdown state you need to hit esc key to get into the alt menu. Now it will ask you for a shell user name and password. Dell doesn’t provide this password out to customer as you can do great harm to your system if you don’t do the steps in the correct order. It is best that when you are getting this lockdown error to contact support so that they can pull some logs from the system to ensure the best way to clear the lockdown error.

29 Posts

March 23rd, 2018 13:00

hi!!!

Today replace all disc in one MD3620i and when check de Storage Manager see a nice message with error 434 lockdown mode.

I have access via smcli to one interface, is possible clear the state via smcli commands?

Thx

• 

6.9K Posts

March 26th, 2018 08:00

Hello raprop,

No you can’t clear the lockdown using SMCLI.  The only way to clear the lockdown is via VXshell.  Normally when you have a lockdown on the controller it requires a call into support, so that we can reset the controller and ensure that the lockdown won’t return. 

Before you replaced all your drives in your MD3620i, was there any disk groups or virtual disk that was created in MDSM?  If there was, then you will need to insert the old drives back into your MD3620i.  Once the drives are back in your MD3620i, then you will need to clear the virtual disk and disk group configuration.  Once all configuration has been removed then you should be able to replace the drives in your MD3620i without any issue as long as the drives are Dell MD drives.   

29 Posts

April 2nd, 2018 13:00

Hi Sam!

I remove all vdisk/vgroup before remove and replace all disks. I have the old disks but i dont know the order of them.

Thx.

• 

6.9K Posts

April 3rd, 2018 09:00

Hello raprop,

With the lockdown that you have you can try to insert the drives back in your MD3620i, and see if the system will boot.  If it doesn’t boot, then you will need to contact support so that a storage analyst can login to your controllers and clear the lockdown error.

29 Posts

April 7th, 2018 06:00

Hey Sam!

yesterday recover from lockdown controller 0, controller 1 never recovery. This controller hangup when boot and show db corrupted. Is possible recover/reset?

Thx

• 

6.9K Posts

April 9th, 2018 07:00

Hello raprop,

The only way to reset the controller with a corrupted database is to use the VXshell user name and password & clear the error.  We can’t provide the username and password to you to clear the error.  The only way to clear the error is to call into support & have a storage analyst remote in & clear the error & get the database to rebuild from the working controller.

29 Posts

April 9th, 2018 10:00

I have access to the shell, but the controller hangup and user/pass dont work after few minutes, i have the user and the pass, that is not problem. Work only with the other controller.

I try with support but there try unsuccessfully with that controller.

Have another idea?

Thx.

• 

6.9K Posts

April 9th, 2018 10:00

Hello raprop,

The controller is needing to be replaced if you can’t clear the lockdown using VXshell.  When you use the VXshell & run the letmeclear command it should reset the controller.  When that doesn’t happen then you need to replace the controller.

29 Posts

April 9th, 2018 13:00

Hi Sam,

Okidoki, im waiting quote about controller, that take some time. Meanwhile MD are working only with one controller and singlex activated, but the caching say suspended. how to fix that?

Thx

• 

6.9K Posts

April 10th, 2018 10:00

Hello raprop,

What you can do is to set controller to simplex mode till you can get your replacement controller.  Here is the command to set the controller using SMCLI.

SMcli.exe -n ArrayName -c “set storageArray redundancyMode=simplex;

No Events found!