Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2013 12:00

Three drives go to status "failure predicted" on MD1000 after reboot

On one of our MD1000 units we had OMSA warning "failure predicted" for disk 11.  I rebooted the server and MD1000 to see if that would make any difference in the status -- not only did disk 11 status not change but disks 2, 7 & 13 then showed up in OMSA with "failure predicted".    Here are my questions:

1) Does this sound plausible -- three additional drives suddenly go to "failure predicted" status at the precise same time?

2) How reliable, generally, is this SMART-based "failure predicted" message on the MD1000.

3) Is there a way to reset the message to see if it recurs -- in which case I would have more confidence that I'm not replacing perfectly OK disks?

Thanks.

Dan

685 Posts

March 26th, 2013 14:00

We will need to pull a controller log from the server so that we can see the details and find out if they are actual predicted failures, false errors or if we are looking at further issues. I will send you a direct message with my email address so you can send me that log file for me to review. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

12 Posts

April 10th, 2013 08:00

Sorry about delay in responding.  I intend to post the requested info today.

No Events found!