Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

1 Rookie

• 

119 Posts

January 18th, 2011 15:00

upgrading TL2000 scsi to fiber

I'm currently running LTO-3 Fiber drives in a PV-114T.

I've been told that I can have a TL2000 from another lab (if i want it), with an LTO-3, but running SCSI.

I'd like to take it, but I'd need to have it running fiber to use with my infrastructure.

replacing the LTO-3 scsi drive for LTO-3 fiber should not be a problem, but what other components would need to be swapped out - i'm hoping just the interface module, but because i can't find a service manual for the TL2000 on dell's website, i'm hoping someone out there has performed this operation and can give me some guidance on how to do it and what parts i'll need.

Thanks in advance,
BeekerC

899 Posts

January 19th, 2011 08:00

All the manuals for TL2000.

I think you will find that the swap you are wanting to perform will not work. The firmware that is loaded on Dell standalone tape drives will prevent the automation f/w from being loaded to it. Without the correct automation f/w loaded on the drive the library will not come READY.

I am not even sure that you have a Dell personality drive from what you have stated. The LTO3FC drive was never offered in a standalone or 114T configuration.

I think if you really want to take advantage of the TL2K you will have to either live with it as SCSI and dedicate a server to it, purchase a FC to scsi bridge, or purchase the correct TL2K drive.

probably not the answers you were looking for....

Bob

No Events found!