Highlighted
2 Bronze

A few Questions about Dell T3610 Upgrades

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have some questions in my mind which no one could answer me. I have a Dell T3610 and my Questions are:

1) Can I change my System's Motherboard to a non-Dell one with support for Amd Processor or even Intel?

2) Can I change the Motherboard of the Dell T3610 to Dell T5610 so I can install 2 Processors as they both are physically similar?

3) Can I change the PSU of my System to more than 685W?

I know these might be some silly questions but these were some questions I had never found an answer for.

Thanking in Advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: A few Questions about Dell T3610 Upgrades

Jump to solution

1.  Dell workstation motherboards are not the same size or shape as standard ATX motherboards.

2. While the shape is similar between the two boards, the T5610 board is longer and some of the motherboard screw risers are in different locations to accommodate the second CPU.

3. This is the Dell standard workstation power supply form factor.  For example: The 1300W power supply from my Precision T7610 will fit into your machine just fine.  You just need to make sure that the power distribution board has the same pin layout.  (Safest bet would be to replace that with the one to match the PSU, This could also get you more 6 and 8 pin GPU power cables)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

1.  No.  Dell is very proprietary.  MB screw holes won't even line up.  Front panel wiring is proprietary as is rear panel layout.  Also proprietary - fan wiring.

2.  Not sure if that's been done or not.

3.  One possibility - https://m.dhgate.com/product/for-workstation-t5610-power-supply-rhhkv/552320353.html?f=bm%7CGMC%7Cpl... But I don't know the brand name.

It really should be a well know name, besides Dell, EVGA and Corsair just to name 2.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is mainly user to user with occasional moderation or additional knowledge by a Rockstar or Dell employee.

Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

1.  Dell workstation motherboards are not the same size or shape as standard ATX motherboards.

2. While the shape is similar between the two boards, the T5610 board is longer and some of the motherboard screw risers are in different locations to accommodate the second CPU.

3. This is the Dell standard workstation power supply form factor.  For example: The 1300W power supply from my Precision T7610 will fit into your machine just fine.  You just need to make sure that the power distribution board has the same pin layout.  (Safest bet would be to replace that with the one to match the PSU, This could also get you more 6 and 8 pin GPU power cables)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos