Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 5th, 2018 12:00

Need Tips for Using Integrated Web Cam on Precision 5720 AIO

Is the installed camera on the Precision 5720 AIO capable of any positioning adjustment?  I have a new 5720 and am using the Microsoft Camera app.

I participate in web video conferences with my team and would like to be looking "at" them.  With the position of the camera at the bottom of the 5720 AIO, what they see when I am looking straight at the screen to watch them, is the bottom of my chin.  With that angle I appear to be looking off into space.

I would like to know if it is possible to present professionally - to appear to be looking at them while also watching them as they talk.

Any tips or links how how to do this - either with an integrated web cam or a separate one are appreciated.  I don't know how all the folks on the web who appear to be looking straight at you are doing it....

Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

March 6th, 2018 03:00

AkGail,

Unfortunately, the camera does not allow for adjustments. You would need to move the computer around. I am sure there are external cameras that allow this feature. You would just need to search for them on the internet or at your local computer electronics store.

3 Posts

March 6th, 2018 10:00

Thanks Jesse.  I thought the placement of the camera at the bottom of the monitor was unusual and could not find anything on the Dell website detailing usage.  Thought I was missing something.  Thanks for the clarification.  

No Events found!