Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JH

17 Posts

January 30th, 2023 13:00

Precision 3620 - Broken Stereo Mini Plug

Hi Gang

Kids accidentally pushed on the side of the Stereo Mini Plug (sound output) breaking off the very tip of the plug inside the jack which is of course part of the mother board. I installed a PCI sound card in the bottom slot which brought back the sound (thru the same stereo monitors). Its working fine: All audio is playing perfectly from applications and from online sources. However I'm getting some strange muffled results when I export a sound file from a video application. Was wondering if its necessary to disable the onboard sound via the Bios?

Or

Does the problem more have to do with the application?

Thank You ... 

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

January 30th, 2023 13:00

It's hard to tell because lack of information from audio application you use.  But it will be irrelevant because I am suggesting to go ahead and disable audio in BIOS.  

The stuck mini-plug would trigger audio driver and Dell Audio application, which may become redundancy for Windows to manage.  Verify if the muffled issue is resolve after disabling audio in BIOS.

17 Posts

January 30th, 2023 22:00

Thank you Chino!

I found the reason for the muffled sound. It was not related to the broken Mini Plug. There was a conflict with Sound Blaster Software which I carefully Un-Installed with Revo. Problem Solved!

Thanx again for your fast reply ...

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

January 30th, 2023 22:00

Happy to help out.  Although unrelated, it's still better to disable audio device in BIOS.

No Events found!