Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 5th, 2019 11:00

Precision 3630 Workstation cannot boot after imaging

Hello,

Recently our school purchased Precision 3630 workstations for a CAD lab.  I successfully created, captured and deployed a reference image, however when rebooting after imaging there is a message that there are no boot devices.  I'm thinking this is because I used legacy boot to PXE to our WDS server.  I'm not sure how to get around this short of capturing and deploying the image via Ghost, but that means I would have to do each machine individually.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you - Erin

3 Posts

February 11th, 2019 08:00

I figured out what the issue was.  I did not have the UEFI Network stack enabled in the BIOS.  Once I checked that I was able to use WDS as usual.  Thanks to all who participated in this discussion!

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

February 5th, 2019 13:00

A couple of articles that may help:  Can't Image New Dell

Can't Image New Dell #2

In those articles, one is an Optiplex and another a Precision, but the problem was the same. - The images didn't have the newest NIC drivers.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your reply, but this does not help.  First, both links point to the same article about the Optiplex system.  Second, the problem is not the same.  I am able to PXE boot to WDS to both capture and deploy successfully.  It is after the system is imaged that I am having problems.  Once the system reboots to begin sysprep, it says there are no boot devices.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

February 6th, 2019 18:00

I changed the "#2" link to reflect the intended article.  It's more about the problem as the answer wasn't the best.  Found a closer related article below:

No Boot Device After Imaging

Sorry my answer didn't work out. Somebody like @bmcowboy might have the better expertise in this case.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

February 6th, 2019 19:00

In case it helps, I ran across another thread and didn't want to hold back any possibilities.

573 Posts

February 6th, 2019 19:00

Hi all,

Sounds like UEFI/Legacy boot issue after MDT deployment. Check out discussion on this thread in Microsoft Technet Forum with more or less the same problem happened and see if any help.

No Events found!