Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 10:00

Precision 5720 AIO Color adjustment

I am having issues with the screen colors on the display.  If I use the Dell Premier Color and set the option to say for example "Vibrant" the coloring looks good.  However after a reboot or when the computer sleeps and rewakes the coloring has changed.  It is still set on "Vibrant" and if I go into Dell Premier Color and click Vibrant again, even though it's already selected the coloring will change to the correct color again.  The color issue is mostly the orange/red color, for example an icon that should be orange looks red and most skin tones are reddish.  I tried removing the Dell Premier Color app, and adjust the colors through the AMD settings for the 7100, but I can seem to adjust the "red" coloring away like the Premier Color app does.  Any thoughts?  I chatted with Dell support and they told me they only cover hardware issues and gave me another number to call and they told me they may charge me for help??? I've only had the 5720 for a month.  Thanks!

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

April 11th, 2019 19:00

If it's under warranty, it sounds like an exchange is in order.  A monitor is too "hardware."

By any chance did you still try the other number they gave you?  You can always end the conversation if they try charging you.

Another OP (original poster) has green edges on his screen, something a professional technician would have to fix.  You might've seen the recent post:  https://www.dell.com/community/Precision-Fixed-Workstations/green-glowing-edges-at-the-corners-of-screen/m-p/7270458#M2047

While it's nice to be able to fix things at the home or office, monitors can be more difficult and end up requiring professional expertise.

No Events found!