Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2019 08:00

Trying to find cables for H710P on a Precision R7910

Hello, I have recently purchased a R7910 and installed H710P Perc SAS Raid controller(P/N JJ8XD). The controller is found and looks good in boot (can enter config etc.), but I don't have cables to connecto the disk array (P/N K7G00) which is 8 2.5" discs. There are two cables required, SAS-A and SAS-B. The two cables I have now go into MB, but I need cables to connect the harddisk backplane to the H710P controller which have two different connectors. Looks like the connectors on K7G00 are Mini Sas but the connectors on H710P controller card eludes me and I don't know which cables to purchase to connect it correctly.

Many Thanks in advance,

Per

2.9K Posts

January 21st, 2019 07:00

Hello,

The PERC cables aren't something we sell after point-of-sale. However, the 5 character part numbers I see are: F037K, FN73C, and T3F4V. You may want to see if you can locate one of those three. 

8 Posts

February 20th, 2019 11:00

Thanks for response, but I gave up on cables to that adapter, and purchased a H730P (X4TTX) card instead. I face the same problem as before, which cable can I use with this card and R7910 disk array connector? (SAS A/B). I was looking at 9MHYN but is unsure if it is long enough and if the connectors fit on the X4TTX card and the disk backplane. Please advice. Regards, PerAnCa
No Events found!