giulianobertello
2 Bronze

Precision 5550 poor Wi-Fi on Intel WiFi 6 AX201

Have a new Precision 5550 equipped with a wifi chip Intel WiFi 6 AX201
Now you would expect a £3200 laptop would come with a first class wifi chip but it seems like I'm wrong!

The wifi connect is very very poor, using already the latest Intel drivers but nothing has changed. The signal doesn't go higher than 120Mbps whereas a Latitude 7480 equipped with an Intel AC 8265 on the same spot goes up and over 600Mbps.

This is clearly either a driver issue or a hardware issue with the AX201 chipset.

Anyone here experiencing the same problem?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DELL-Cares

Thanks for your post

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
zbeeblebrox
1 Copper

Same problem here

I have the same problem with my new Dell Precision 5550.

I only reach 195 Mbit/s although the router (a Fritzbox) indicates that a maximum of 1733 Mbit/s is possible.

Other devices achieve much more on the same WLAN router.

Is there a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
giulianobertello
2 Bronze

Re: Precision 5550 poor Wi-Fi on Intel WiFi 6 AX201

to provide extra details I'm using driver version 21.120.2.11 and the speed still <Profanity removed>

0 Kudos
DELL-Cares

Hi,

I have replied to you via a private message.

-Gautam.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
Fiscelan2
1 Copper

Hi,

I've exactly the same issue, is there any solution?

Regards

0 Kudos