Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2009 01:00

1320c orange error light flashing - won't print

The orange error light is flashing on my 1320c printer. When I turn printer on, all seems OK. Then a couple minutes later the orange error light flashes.

I tried to print after turning on - before error light had a chance to come on... printer made sounds like it was gearing up to print then stopped and orange light flashes.

I'm wondering if it is the fuser? I checked everything. Fuser was not warm - which made me think it wasn't heating up. How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Printer is about 16 months old. Light usage.

1 Message

January 21st, 2012 21:00

I can not find "Reset button". There's nothing like that in inside of side door.  Would you kindly tell me where exactly that is? 

Thank you.

2 Posts

June 15th, 2011 08:00

This took me some time to find, and "the oracle" was of little assistance.  However, if you visit the following link:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

and search for

"Clean the CTD sensor"

The solution provided worked for me.

If you still receive the error after trying this, open the side door (where the toner is) and hold the reset button down in the back until the unit turns off.  Then hold the continue and cancel buttons while releasing the reset button. The unit will flash all lights after about five seconds at which point you can release the buttons.  Then, close the door to the toner area.

Viola, I hope.

1 Message

September 5th, 2014 09:00

Hi, the reset button is behind the printer right next to the power plug.

1 Message

August 8th, 2016 13:00

I tried resetting, but this just makes it worse.  Then not only do I have the flashing exclamation point I also have all the toners flashing and something that looks like a misfeed icon flashing as well.

November 14th, 2019 11:00

I CHANGED TONER  NO PAPER JAM  NO RESET BUTTON  MAY BE PAPER TRAY BUT I CANT  SEE ANYTHING  WRONG WHEN I TOTALLY FILLED PAPER TRAY GREEN LIGHT CAME ON BUT THEN A  NOISE LIKE PAPER COULD NOT GET OUT OF TRAY LIKE IT WAS TRYING TO GET IT OUT BUT  COULD NOT 

November 14th, 2019 11:00

MY ORANGE LIGHT BLINKING NEW INK  NO RESET BUTTON  NO PAPER JAM  I FILLED TRY TO TOP AND GREEN WENT ON BUT  COULD NOT GRAB PAPER REALLY LOUD NOISE  SORT OF RUBBING GRINDING  CANT GET PAPER OUT OF THE TRAY TO PRINTING 

August 9th, 2020 21:00

The reset button is a square, white button next to the power cord connector. On mine, it's labeled "CIRCUIT BREAKER" on the top and "RESET" on the bottom. 

When I pressed it, the unit appeared to reset itself, all front LEDs lit briefly, blinked, went back to the magenta yellow LED indicator blinking, but at least it's allowing me to print with low magenta toner until its new replacement cart comes in.

Doug Parker
Henderson, NV

No Events found!