Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2013 10:00

1815dn Scanner lock switch is STUCK

I work as an internal support student for my coop placement. We have a dell 1815 all-in-one printer, and all be it old, it still works for exactly what the office needs

Somehow in the morning, one of the employees accidentally locked the scanner. Its obvious that the lock switch is on the roof of the output tray. We even see the switch status indicator on the inside of the glass. But for some reason, it is STUCK. We have tried pulling it, pushing it, but we cannot for the life of us figure out why it wont budge. There seems to be a small locking feature beside the indicator on the inside of the glass, but we cannot get in to move the switch manually.

We have tried gently and forcefully to move the lock switch, but it will NOT budge no matter how hard we push/pull 

Has anyone solved this issue before? Or rather, does anyone know how to get inside the glass of the scanner? We understand that this printer is old, and no longer covered by any sort of warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

April 13th, 2015 00:00

Thank u for that information. I now have the scanner unlocked.Yippee!!!!!

But Im Still dealing with the constant beeping & says the front door is open & its not.

2 Posts

January 14th, 2017 13:00

Hi

I know this thraed is old but  I have the exact same issue.

I am fighting with this blue switch and I am unable to move it back to "unlock"

I tried with a screwdriver but even with force nothing happen

Could you maybe tell me how you did it ? I am really stuck with this one..

1 Message

November 7th, 2019 13:00

Hi, I know this is 2 years later, but I have the same problem. Did you ever fix it, and if so how?

Thanks

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2020 03:00

I have the same problem and I don't how to solve it.  From previous posts it's not obvious how or where you need to put the screwdriver in order to slide the blue locking mechanism forward to the unlock position.  Can you access the top of the mechanism by removing the glass?  That doesn't seem easy.

2 Posts

May 9th, 2020 22:00

Towards the back of the blue locking tab is a piece of black plastic. Part of it covers the blue tab but the part that doesn't can be pressed and that will unlock the blue tab allowing it to be moved. (I had the same problem with my 2335dn)

TonyB

2 Posts

August 20th, 2020 23:00

Thanks TonyB.  I still couldn't quite figure it out but had a colleague look at it at a later time.  I'm not in the same location at the moment but apparently he was able to unlock it I think using a bit of force.  It's now unlocked!  Lesson: Never, ever lock it again.

John

No Events found!