Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2008 01:00

1815dn printing problems after firmware update

Hello,

After updating the firmware on my 1815dn to 1.03.04.02 (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R178824&SystemID=PRN_ALL_1815DN&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=10669&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=4&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=40&fileid=243739)

I have two significant printing problems.  One is that when printing from Microsoft Word (and perhaps other programs, I haven't checked) the "number of copies" entry doesn't work.  I can put in any number and it only prints 1 copy.  This becomes quite tedious when needing to print multiple copies of a document.

The second problem is that I can't print emails received via Microsoft Outlook 2003.  When I tell it to print, it prints a blank page.  I have to copy and paste the contents of the email to Microsoft Word to print.  If I want more than one copy see problem above related to Microsoft Word (also 2003).

So I went backwards on the firmware to 1.03.03.08 and still have the same problem.  The only other updates that could effect this are the various updates that Microsoft dumps onto our computers via automatic updating.

Any ideas of what I can do to print multiple copies of documents and print emails again?

Thanks!

14 Posts

June 24th, 2008 16:00

I'm running Windows XP SP2 and print both via the network (mostly) and USB (just to check this problem).  I think the printer driver is version 3.

I sure could use some help on this?  Anybody else with this problem?

No Events found!