Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2014 10:00

2150cn toner on transfer belt (PHD Replacement)

I received the replace PHD error on my 2150cn Printer.  Purchased a new PHD and replaced the old one using the supplied instructions.  The replacement went smooth but now toner is showing up on prints. After inspecting the printer I noticed rectangular spots of toner on the transfer belt.  I then cleaned the belt and ran some more test pages and the belt keeps getting these same rectangular toner deposits on it.  Took the new PHD out cleaned up any toner that I could see anywhere in the unit and the issue continues.  Please see example images below of the problem that I am facing.

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 09:00

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting to the forum. I usually describe this as the mustache failure. This is usually related to a logic failure on the ESS board. Please try updating the firmware and completing an NVRAM reset. Once that is completed try printing a report from operator panel.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=YJFYC&fileId=3328189700&osCode=W764&productCode=dell-2150cn-cdn&languageCode=EN&categoryId=FW 

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 14:00

Thanks for the reply.

I took the steps that were suggested and got no where.  Still getting the "mustaches" on the transfer belt and then on the prints.  This was not happening at all before the PHD was replaced.  Could it be an issue with the new PHD?

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

September 5th, 2014 14:00

Hello Jeff,

It is possible but not likely. If you purchased the part in the last 90 days from Dell you can have the PHD replaced by warranty. You will need your order number for verification.

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

No Events found!