Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2022 16:00

2155cn, driver installation fails on MacOS Ventura

Switched to a new MacBook Pro 16 (Silicon) and tried to install the most recent driver for my Dell 2155cn printer.

Downloaded the driver: V1.6, A05. (07 Feb 2019 release) and executed the dmg file. The installation runs well until the end where it fails and provide no info why rather than "contact vendor" message.

Using customize installation, I was able to install couple of the modules:
The printer monitor and the scan driver. But the printer driver repeatedly gets the same error above.

Anyone else? any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 19.13.47.png

1 Message

April 2nd, 2023 11:00

Try these steps on another thread here. I followed them on my intel mac and they worked fine on ventura. https://www.dell.com/community/Printers/Dell-2155cn-and-MacOS-Big-Sur/td-p/7791146

9 Posts

January 6th, 2023 13:00

Exactly the same result for Monterey with my 2155cdn. The last OS this driver worked on was Catalina (that I know of). Called support, a woman with broken English advised that Dell does not support mac OS. Period.

Wonder if any Dell insider reads this topic... need some answers a.s.a.p. Business gets ruined, not a good publicity.

(Might post this later in its own thread.)

1 Message

January 12th, 2023 12:00

Same.  My Mac Air is 6 months old and I recently updated to Ventura when prompted. Now my colour laser printer 3110cn doesn't work. It's been reliable for 15 years! Super frustrated.

1 Message

February 1st, 2023 12:00

Same as @ckc99 here.

You really want me to throw a perfectly functioning printer in the garbage because you can't keep up?!

2 Posts

April 8th, 2023 13:00

Thank you @redcardrob . I followed the other tread you recommended and got my printer working. Much appreciated!!

1 Message

May 4th, 2023 13:00

There is always the way to use MacOS' generic drivers. Go Ventura System Settings >Printers & Scanners >New Printer. Use the center option, add the IP address, choose Line Printer Daemon LPD and Generic Postscript Printer and voila...

You can even open the new printer whose name will be the IP address >Printer Info and set sharing. You can even change your printer's name. Mine is Dell-3110CN

Kudos to all the great helpers here.

No Events found!