Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2014 13:00

2350DN Mono Laser Printer: Faded Printing

I've done about as much troubleshooting as I possibly can with this printer regarding the problem of light/faded printing.

The Issue: The right side of all printed pages is faded or white, and there is one solid white line down the right side.

Here is a scan of test page printed with this problem:
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2wpuiyt.jpg

Things I've Tried: Replacing the imaging drum, switching out the entire toner/imaging drum with that of an identical working printer, switching the transfer roller with the working printer's transfer roller, replacing the fuser.  I've checked for debris, but never found anything.

I've done the halfway test, and it happens before it hits the fuser.

What's causing this? How can I fix it?  All and any help is appreciated.

5 Posts

April 28th, 2014 08:00

Cleaned the mirrors on the laser scanner unit as they were covered with toner on the problem side.
Fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.

5 Posts

-repeat, sorry-

5 Posts

-

105 Posts

April 8th, 2014 01:00

Faded prints on mono laser printers usually indicate that the toner is running low on one side of the cartridge. To solve this, you can take out the cartridge and shake it mildly to distribute the toner that remained in the cartridge evenly.

5 Posts

April 8th, 2014 08:00

Unfortunately shaking the toner makes no difference. I tried it before and I just retried it again; nothing.   I've tried replacing the whole drum/toner from an identical working printer and the problem remains.

105 Posts

April 9th, 2014 07:00

Did my research on this and I hope it will help you. The problem may be related with a transfer corotron. Try opening the printer and look carefully if there is dust or particles at the transfer corotron because these can cause disturbance on the electrostatic field . Warning though that the corotron wires are very fine and delicate, so you need to be very gentle when cleaning the wire to avoid breaking it.

No Events found!