square4u
1 Copper

Re: 922 AIO printer - Vista Driver Communication

Too bad for me...you all talk about uninstalling the Windows XP driver prior to installing the new Windows Vista drivers as you would do during a OS upgrade..in my case I have a new fresh installed Windows Vista on a dual boot system. The Windows XP harddisk still contains the XP driver but I cannot imagine this driver interferes with the Windows Vista driver on my second Windows Vista harddisk...or is it?

The 15MAR07 driver underVista doesn't work work fine for the printerpart..the scannner part seems to be installed. Under Windows Vista the installation seems to run fine but the printer is never added to the printer list after the installation program has finished completely. When I do try at that moment to add the printer I can select the correct downloaded AIO 922 (15MAR07) by selecting the file (DLBTprc.INF) but after this selection Vista comes back with a general driver installation error.

Dell support in the Netherlands told me there is a possibility (but not confirmed yet) that the English 15MAR07 released AIO 922 printer driver does not work fine with my Dutch version of Vista Home Premium..

So to be continued for me..
0 Kudos
NoSurpriseHere
1 Copper

Re: 922 AIO printer - Vista Driver Communication SUCCESS

Soon2buyHP -

Thanks for the post...like you, I now have a fully functioning 922 Printer.  It seems as though the key is to DISCONNECT from your network.  The steps in your last thread are indeed the same steps the Dell techs attempted; the only difference being that they were connected remotely both times.

I would certainly suggest anyone else viewing our little group discussion here should follow your steps and make sure they are NOT connected to the web when they begin the install process.

(I'm sure there is probably a way to tell Windows not to try and automatically install devices which may also solve the problem)

Victory is ours.
0 Kudos
Soon2buyHP
1 Copper

Re: 922 AIO printer - Vista Driver Communication

Square4U,

If you have dual hard drives, I don't think that the drive with XP is causing problems with the drive with Windows Vista.  I think that Windows Vista is faster at directly downloading the old drivers than it is at downloading and installing the new drivers from the dell website.  And as mentioned by Mr. Eric Rendell, make sure you have first cleaned out the folder  C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86 and delete everything contained in this folder.  (Might be a good idea to make a copy of the contents first.)  As NoSurprises said in his post, once you have downloaded the 922 drivers for Vista and started to install, then disconnect from the internet while the installation completes.  You can reconnect to the internet after the installation is finished and you have rebooted your system.

Many thanks to Eric Rendel.  He is the one that tracked down the problem with the 944 drivers.

I think we should all send that guy a few bucks.  I was prepared to pay a Dell technician... and I must have wasted five or six hours of my own free time with all the multiple un-installs and re-installs.

Soon2BuyHP (or not)
0 Kudos
jennieflea
1 Copper

YOU ARE A STAR!!!  Soon2buyHP, I think I love you!!! 
I followed your success story and I too now have my 922 AIO Printer working......it is just amazing how ordinary people can sort things out quicker than the guys that are earning more money than all of us lot put together!!!!
Take note Dell.......Oh and by the way, Dell, I will not be buying another product from you ever again....no not even ink.....got some other place a lot cheaper!!!!
Again, Many thanks to you Soon2buyHP for sharing your success!!!!
0 Kudos
Gina Q
4 Germanium

Re: 922 AIO printer - Vista 32 bit Driver Communication error

0 Kudos
Highlighted
franky.g
1 Copper

Re: 922 AIO printer - Vista 32 bit Driver Communication error

I will spare dell the work to make the drivers for the 922 work in other languages than english, german, japanese, french and italian.

Here's the fix for dutch :

After you tried to install the drivers, there should be a subdirectory called c:\drivers\printer\922\drivers\WIN_XP2K\

in here there are 2 subdirectories : common and i386

each directory contains a subdir called "english". copy this one and it's contents to a subdir called "dutch" which should be in the same directory ( common & i386 )

now open device-manager (Apparaatbeheer in dutch) and locate the printer entry. right click it and select "update drivers" ("stuurprogramma's bijwerken"). select manual installation and browse to c:\drivers\printer\922\drivers\WIN_XP2K\

drivers should install without a problem...

If you got another language, just look in file c:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log after a faulty installation; this file states which files cannot be found....

Greets, Frank
0 Kudos
glenhoward
1 Copper

I did a clean install of Vista 32-bit on a Dell 8400.  Dell AIO 922 is printing just fine, but I can't get it to scan.  Does the above fix address my issue too?  That is, is your 922 printing AND scanning?

Thanks.

glen

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
glenhoward
1 Copper

Thanks for the clear and spot-on instructions.  The All-in-One Center is now installed and I'm having no problem scanning.

But now I find that I have two additional problems:

1.  I've discovered (to my surprise) that Vista Home Premium doesn't include any fax application (which seems strange given that XP did).  Any suggestions as to an alternative fax application to use with my OS and Dell 922AIO?

2.  I've installed PDF Creator as an alternative to Adobe but the AIO Center doesn't recognize it as a potential scanning application (Paint is the default.)  Any suggestions for how to save scanned docs to PDFs?

Thanks again for you help.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Try downloading this application, I was told this is the fax program.

Let me know.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos