Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2012 05:00

926 and Windows 8

Just upgraded to Windows 8 and can't get my All in One 926 to work. There are no Widows 8 drivers on the Dell site, so I tried downloading Windows 7 driver but that did not work. Any ideas? I don't want to have to get a new printer!

240 Posts

December 3rd, 2012 06:00

Hi Happy Mainer,

I did have a check and there are no drivers for Windows 8 for this printer. It supports Windows 7, vista and XP.

Below is the link which shows the compatibility options for this printer on drivers download. You can try to download drivers from the compatibility page and see if it works.

http://dell.to/SBnB7m

Please do get back to us on further assistance or information.

December 3rd, 2012 10:00

My question - will Dell be coming out with Widows 8 drivers for the 926 and other printers? Are those in process of being created? Do they have release dates?  OR is the message that we need to buy new printers if we want to use Windows 8

240 Posts

December 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi Happy Mainer,

Any driver update or new releases can be found on www.support.dell.com. At the moment there is no driver for 926 printer to work with Windows 8.

Please do get back to us on further assistance or information.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 12:00

Happy Mainer,

Try the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode?

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install a virus program, then Windows Defender is the default virus program and here are the similar instructions. Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials

Rick

No Events found!