Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2013 13:00

944 Dell all in one printer cartridge lids will not close with new correct cartridges - never had this prob before -- how do I fix it ?????

I can't get the 944 ink cartridge lid to close down & snap in with new cartridges I am trying to load ??  never did this before - I can't even get the old cartridges back in -- can close the lid when empty, but can't snap it shut with cartridge in place..........

how do I fix ???  what is the problem ????

thxs - John R

19 Posts

December 25th, 2016 07:00

Well tape jammed, removed from cartridges and after a couple of tries the cartridge snapped in. didn't do well on test page - will clean and retry.

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

19 Posts

I'm having the same problem with my V313 color cartridge. I just bought new ones  at Staples - Dell brand. The black one snapped in but left ink all over my fingers - never happened before - and the color just won't snap in so I taped them together - seems to be working but bought new HP wireless cheap so bye bye old faithful printer. I'll miss you! If Dell can tell me what part to buy I will and try to fix it and give it away. If not, I'll just trash it I guess. What a waste.

jonestexas, I hope you had your Dell for a long time and got your money's worth out of it! I had mine for ten years before this happened.  Now I am wishing for another Dell.  I bought a cheap HP., and after 1-1/2 years I started getting "incompatible cartridge" with the black ink, and found out that is not an uncommon problem with the HPs.  Only solution that's worked is to print everything with the color ink., so I will just continue doing that until something else goes belly up with the HP.  Good luck with yours!

No Events found!