Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2009 21:00

968 fax printer driver

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

After installing latest version of the printer software, I cannot find fax printer driver. Is there other driver I will need to install? Previous version (one provided on CD with printer) was working correctly.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 19th, 2009 19:00

drjacek,

As for faxing, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the Fax Folder. In the Fax Folder, right click on setup.exe and left click run as administrator. This will install the Fax program.

or try...

BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing

Rick

5 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 18:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your suggestion and sorry for the delayed response, but I was out of the office for a while.

I have done what you described, unfortunately without any success. When I run setup program the CD drive starts to spin for a moment and nothing happen. Additionally I have noticed that I cannot print more than three pages. Any further attempt to print generates an error - "dldopswx.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I did try to uninstall and reinstall old version, but it does not make any differences. When I reboot my computer it allows me to print, but steel only limited number of pages.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2009 11:00

drjacek,

Maybe we started out wrong. Try installing the printer using the directions below. I have them listed for wireless but if you're using a USB Cable, things should fall into place.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. 

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

I recommend using these  Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get everything to communicate correctly. I have DHCP enabled on my wireless router. I assigned my printer an ip address at the high end of my ip address. (Example: my printer ip address is 192.168.1.149) All the other computer get assigned an ip address automatically. 

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

5 Posts

October 26th, 2009 02:00

Hi Rick,

I follow your suggestions, but nothing change. I still have the same problems and errors. So far, I did not notice any problems with any other application on my computer but I am worry that the problem may be with the system not the printer driver itself.

Jacek

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2009 05:00

JaceK,

What is the make and model of the computer and operating system?

Rick

5 Posts

October 26th, 2009 06:00

Hi Rick,

Computer is HP model Compaq nw8440.
Operation System is Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.
Please note that the printer was working without any problem for 1 year and suddenly stops, that is why I am afraid that some files are corrupted or changed.

Jacek

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2009 09:00

JaceK,

If this was a Dell computer, I'd have an easier method. Not sure if this will work or not.

Insert the Operating system disk and stop it from running.

Start, all programs, accessories, command prompt. Type

sfc /scannow          (space between the c and/)

Hit enter and Windows will replace any corrupt Windows files, then restart your computer. If you cannot install the printer using the method I suggested above, then you might have to repair or reinstall the operating system. Dell computers have a method to repair the operating system and you do not lose any files and folders. Doesn't work well with HP/Compaq and not sure which other operating systems.

Make sure to have backup copies of files and folders that you cannot afford to lose.

Insert the operating system disk and restart your computer.

Press any key to boot from cd.

Choose install.

Do the agreement.

Now choose repair. On a Dell computer takes 35 minutes, Compaq/HP about 3 hours, unknown about the other systems. I'd consider slipstreaming an operating system disk using nLite. Use Wndrvrbckup Backup Utilities to make a backup set of drivers, then add the drivers to the slipstream disk.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2009 10:00

JaceK,

Just reread your thread. The Compaq/Hp will not repair. It WILL wipe everything on your computer, just so you know what to expect.

Rick

5 Posts

October 26th, 2009 10:00

Thanks Rick. I will try to repair my OS and let you know about outcome. Thanks again for your help and support.

Jacek

No Events found!