Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2009 22:00

AIO 926 Printer prints a page every time I turn it on

My Dell All-in-One 926 Printer prints an alignment page every time I turn it on.  I just installed a new black ink cartridge.  I remember having this same problem when I installed new cartridges when I first bought this a year ago.  I talked with a Dell representative on chat and I remember it was pretty simple to fix this, but I can't remember how I did it.  I haven't had to buy another cartridge since last fall.  (I haven't done a lot of printing, I guess. :emotion-1:)

Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that because my Dell printer is not under warranty anymore, I can't even talk to someone for help with a simple question such as this!  Can someone else please help me figure out what to do so that I don't waste all my ink just turning on my printer?  I would appreciate it!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 31st, 2009 01:00

pirategirl0306,

Unplug the power cord from the wall. Now remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This reset any error messages the printer is getting. Plug everything back in. Turn the power on. Open the printer and take out the black Dell Series 9 ink cartridge. Make sure the tape is completely off it and put it back into place. Do the same for the color cartridge. Now when you close the printer, it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

What happens now?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible you got a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

No Events found!