Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2009 11:00

AIO 940 stopped working??

Hi

I am having some serious problems with my printer all of a sudden, I have NO idea why?

I have a Dell Vostro 200, XP SP3 and the Dell A940 printer. I needed to print of some work a few days ago and came to use the printer as usual. However, the printer simply would not work, windows could not find it and showed that the spooler device wasnt enabled, I amended the issue with the spooler device and tried again. Following on from this, I have unistalled the printer and driver and downloaded the relevant drivers from the Dell site and tried to re-install the printer from scratch. No matter what I seem to do, I keep continually getting a message telling me that "The Dell AIO 940 printer driver is not installed. Please reinstall your printer driver".

I have checked device manager numerous times and it reports that the driver is up to date and working correctly. Please can someone offer some advice?

Many thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 19th, 2009 12:00

Cozmo856,

I have actually seen Windows Updates come through for a device driver update(printer update) and it actually was the wrong drivers and/or the drivers did not get installed correctly.

Try the instructions located at...

A940 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

and let me know what happens.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 20th, 2009 03:00

Cozmo856,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

December 19th, 2009 17:00

Hi Rick Many thanks for the information, worked a treat!! All is working fine now. Thanks again Cozmo

No Events found!