Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2008 17:00

AIO 942 printer - unable to fax/scan/copy

All functions were working until I had some work done on the system to speed it up.  The tech removed lots of stuff - ?maybe removed something that made the fax work?  I thought I could go to "Add or Remove Programs", "Add/Remove Windows Compoonents", unclick the "Fax Services", go out and recheck it.  When I did that, I got the message "Some files on Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM are needed.  Insert Windows XP Home Edition CD-Rom into the drive selectes below, and then click OK.  Copy files from:. . ."  The default location is A:\1386.  I have no idea where/what that is. 

I put in the Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM that came with my system, clicked on  "Install Windows XP" and got the message  that the setup could not continue because the version on my computer was newer than the version on the disc.  "To erase the newer version and install the older version, restart the computer , boot from this CD and follow instructions for a new installation."

Should I do that?  Am leary of doing anything else on my own!  I Think I've up enough!

Thx

December 10th, 2008 19:00

jameszeke,

I guess you're using XP, so here are the instructions.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be propmted when to connect the printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

1 Message

August 27th, 2009 11:00

Rick, I have a similar problem to the previous poster.  Even after following the directions (running the patch and downloading correct drivers) I still cannot get my Dell AIO 942 to work correctly.  Either an error will appear as stated by previous poster or an additional error message saying "cannot communicate with printer" appears.  Any further suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 27th, 2009 14:00

wolfenuwg,

It's probably best to make a new thread. Please tell the make and model of your computer and operating system. make and model of the printer and how it's connected.

Please tell me what the printer is/isn't doing.

Rick

No Events found!