Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 8th, 2007 22:00

AIO Time Exectable Error Messages

I have a Dell XPS-700 with XP Pro SP-2.  One of the printers connected is a Dell AIO 964 printer that is 3 months out of warranty.  I have suddenly begun to receive a Windows error message “Time Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close” after successfully completing each print job.  The message also includes “Send Error Report” and “Don’t Send” buttons and a link to the error report which would be sent.

When clicking on the link to the error report the displayed Error signature reads as follows:

AppName: dlcjtime.exe            AppVer: 0.1.11.5         ModName: dlcjuldr.dll

ModVer: 0.1.11.5        Offset: 000dc4c

When searching the C:\ drive for the file “dlcjtime.exe”, I find three copies all dated 8/15/2005.  One copy is in the Drivers\I386\ directory under the Program Files for the AOI 964 printer and is 26,067 bytes.  The other two are in the \3\ and \dell_photo_aio_print6e84\ directories under C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ directory and are both 53,248 bytes.

When searching the C:\ drive for the file “dlcjuldr.dll”, I again find three copies dated 8/15/2005.  One of 132,754 bytes is in the same directory as the smaller dlcjtime.exe file and two of 303,104 bytes, one in each of the directories where the larger dlcjtime.exe files are located.

I’ve uninstalled the printer and used a program caller Registry Booster 2 to clean the registry then reinstalled the printer following the “Setting up your printer” instructions that came with the printer.  I still receive the error message after the completion of any print job.

The printer and the print output do not seem to be affected but the continuing receipt of this Windows error message is annoying.  

Today, after reading Windows Secrets newsletter and Susan Bradley’s comments about Office 2003 SP-3, I’m beginning to think that this anomaly may not be a problem with the Dell AIO printer but is somehow associated with the application of this Office 2003 Service Pack.  What do you think?

Message Edited by BertSo on 10-11-2007 09:01 AM

Message Edited by BertSo on 10-11-2007 09:02 AM
No Responses!
No Events found!