Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2005 11:00

AIO964 Dll Error

I recently installed a Dell AIO964 on my computer.  The printer works fine, but everytime I start the computer I get an error saying: Error in C:/windows......./dlcjtime.dll,  missing entry: rundllentry.  I am assuming that there is something wrong with the .dll file dlcjtime.dll or the executable that runs it.  I spent over 4 hours on the phone with the Indian folk and they had me uninstall and reinstall the printer at least 6 times.  Each time I thought they were going to add something different to the routine.  It didn't happen and I still get the error everytime I start the computer.  They even had me return my computer to it's out of the box state, which was no big deal because it was brand new anyway.  It is no big deal because things work alright, but when you pay that much money for a computer and printer, you don't want an error popping up everytime you start the computer.  If anyone knows where I can get a fix for this file or what the problem may be, please let me know.  I am not the most patient person in the world and refuse to waste precious free time talking to people at Dell who have no idea what they are doing.

December 30th, 2005 21:00

Hi Donny, hmmm, sounds familiar. I just hooked up my XPS last night with the Dell 964 printer and went through the same exact problem.  I spent a good 2 hours on the phone with Dell and went through the same routine you did. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  I agree, I spent a lot of money for a constant RunDLLEntry error message!

1 Message

January 2nd, 2006 19:00

I have exactly the same error message! 

My computer (XPS 600) and printer (Dell AIO Photo Printer 964) are brand new, just out of the box from Dell, with all the software and drivers loaded in at the factory. 

Don't they check things work before they let them leave the shop? 

I have been getting the exact same error message you both have described since I hooked up my Dell AIO Photo 964 printer.  There is apparently no adverse impact on my system, as everything appears to function properly, but I can't log on or change users without having to clear through this error. 

Anyone come up with a solution yet???

January 2nd, 2006 21:00

I have the XPS 400 and I would have thought that Dell would complete a compatibility check before releasing. Ugh, now my speakers don't work either. What next!  I have owned many Dell's in my life and this is the first major cluster I have run into.

My printer works fine I just have to close the error message after start up. The printer also works fine on the network and I received a fax today on it so that's a good sign.

I am going to call tech support now about my speakers. I am cringing.

January 2nd, 2006 23:00

Good news, I just got off the phone with tech support (01/02/2005) and they informed me that they know about the driver issue and the problem has been elevated to the engineers. I was told that a new driver will be posted for download within a month or two. Apparently the XPS was developed and released before the A964 printer.  

January 11th, 2006 17:00

Hi! We found a solution that worked for Dimension 9150. Symptoms were

Error message: "C:\windows\system32\spool\driver\w32x86\3\dlcjtim e.dll - Missing post: RunDLL entry".
Reinstall did not help.

Solution

Open regedit and search for dlcjtime.dll.
Find a value named DLCJCATS in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\CurrentVersion\Run\.
Make a safety Backup of the selected registry folder.
Delete value named DLCJCATS!

Please let us know if it worked for you as well :-)

Message Edited by black_wizard on 01-11-200601:01 PM

Message Edited by black_wizard on 01-11-2006 01:01 PM

1 Message

January 15th, 2006 15:00

Thanks BlackWizard, I tried this on my XPS600 and the error has been eliminated and my printer still works fine.  Thanks!

Delete value named DLCJCATS

34 Posts

February 1st, 2006 13:00

Hello fellow victims.

I have the same issue with the AIO 964 .dll error.  The error msg comes up every start-up and support calls and chat did not solve the issue.  (I did get to reinstall the print drivers 5 times however...sheez).  The .dll error doesn't seem to effect preformance, but if you lay down $4K for a new XPS 600, you don't want to be hitting an error msg because of a $200 pile of problem.

I like the solution posed by Black Wizard : Open Regedit, find value, backup and delete DLCJCats.

My question is "How do you make a saftey Backup of the selected Registry folder?"
I am new to XP and am experiencing difficulty executing that step.  I am grateful for any response and I thank you for time.

February 1st, 2006 13:00

" My question is "How do you make a saftey Backup of the selected Registry folder?"
I am new to XP and am experiencing difficulty executing that step. I am grateful for any response and I thank you for time. "

Right-click on the folder, choose "Export", save as i.e. "my backup.reg".

That's it!
If anything goes wrong during the rest of your registry journey, simply double click that file to restore the registry.

34 Posts

February 1st, 2006 18:00

Thank you Black Wizard....

That worked like a charm.  No error message and the printer works.  I suppose eventually Dell will have a patch for the AOI 964 drivers that we can download.  But for now, life is good again.

Thanks again!

1 Message

February 4th, 2006 12:00

Help

I'm having the same problen with my new DELL & Printer.   These are the instruction you gave...

Delete value named DLCJCATS!

where do i find my registry file & How do i back it up?

34 Posts

February 5th, 2006 03:00

|   where do i find my registry file & How do i back it up?  |

Hey DJM574,

Sorry to hear you have the same problem.   You can find your registry by hitting "Start" going to "Run" and typing "regedit" and hitting ok.  From there you go to toolbar "edit" and arrow down to "find".  Type in dlcjtime.dll and find it.  It will be in a part of the registry of the big file you have read. To back it up first read Black Wizards reply to me.  Then delete the value in DLCJcats.

Now, this all said, I am finding that it was only a temporary solution.  As soon as I use the printer, it wants to re-enter the culprit entry into the registry again.  What I did (and I am no expert by any means) was to follow the advise of a respected poster here in the forums and find an application on the net called "Startup Inspector" (you can google it).  It's free (although I will send a donation to his cause at the site) and it works!  Using that application you can prevent DLCJcats from startup and not have to worry about it after you print.  I highly recommend it for controlling "bloatware" startup as well.  I hope this helps....good luck

3 Posts

March 13th, 2006 13:00

recently had similar problem after installing photo 924 printer with my Dimension E510

Error path was as follows:

C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll

missing entry:RunDLLEntry

followed black_wizards advice here (which by the way THANK You!!!!!!  Error message was driving me nuts......everything worked fine just very annoying when you have just purchased a brand new putor)

you will be searching in regedit for dlcctime.dll

value is named DLCCATS

MADE backup, deleted value.........error message is gone!

So glad I saw this post..........Thank you!

March 15th, 2006 11:00

Old Irish - you are the man - along with all the other brilliant people who come up with all these great solutions to problems.

I, like may others have suffered the RunDLL / DLCJcats problem - on brand new equipment.

Luckily I stumbled on your exchange of mails on the Forum and downloaded Startup Inspector - it worked first time and was real easy to use ( print off the Read Me file - it helps a lot )

I too will send them a donation for providing such a brilliant product

The guys here in Europe who support Dell equipment had no knowledge whatsoever of this problem....scary.

Thanks again my friend.  I am one happy Irishman indeed.  Happy St Pats to you and the whole world this Friday.

Frankie ( Irishman )

March 15th, 2006 11:00

@frankieirishman wrote:

The guys here in Europe who support Dell equipment had no knowledge whatsoever of this problem....scary.

Hey, I think that's an unfair statement. I worked at Dell Support in Sweden when I first wrote in this thread... :-)

March 15th, 2006 12:00

I guess you have a point ;-)

I sent them a copy of the Forum URL - so now they will all be able to raise their game to your level.....seriously though, I know the tech support guys always try and give good results - I guess it is impossible for them to keep abreast of every problem that emenates from equipment.

regards

Frankie

No Events found!