Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2014 13:00

All-in-One Won't Scan, always stops responding

Hey Dell Forum - need a little help here.

We recently got a new computer. It's running Windows 7 Home Premium. I installed our Dell 926 All-In-One printer on it. It prints fine, but something's wrong with the scanning.

When I scan something, I preview it first. The preview comes up, but as soon as it does the Dell All in One Center stops responding. If I close it - and eventually I have to as it never does anything - the printer won't do anything else until it and the computer have been restarted. I try and scan, and it says that the printer is waiting to complete a job.

If I've left out any information that might help in solving this let me know. I hope someone has some idea what might be going on and how I can fix it - I need to be able to scan things.

It has printed and copied things with this computer, but won't scan.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 16th, 2014 16:00

Phenyx,

Let's try the most recent issues, first.

What version of Internet Explorer is installed?

Do you have all the Recent Windows Updates?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

11 Posts

February 17th, 2014 07:00

Hey - Just checked - we have version 11 of Internet Explorer.

I did the latest updates Windows deemed 'important' yesterday. (It was doing this before that too though.)

We have AVG Free for antivirus and as far as I know the only firewall is the Windows Firewall.

I tried it again - I preview the image, it shows about 95-99% of it and in the title bar of the program is says "Dell All In One Center (Not Responding)". Frustrating.

11 Posts

February 18th, 2014 16:00

Still really need an answer for this. I tried just scanning a few minutes ago, no preview. It got to 95% and stopped. No message, nothing. Just stopped. Help?

No Events found!